Nurburgring screenshots from GT5

Old May 20th 10, 08:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default Nurburgring screenshots from GT5

(jelloshooter69) wrote:

> iracing is no more than smoke and mirror minus track scans.

I think you're being unfair. I do firmly believe that iRacing offers the best
virtual car on track experience available. Some say NKPro is better, but I bought
the full version and it's never "clicked" with me the way iRacing's cars did.

Now, if you want to criticise the iRacing service, business model, and development
schedule (I'm still waiting for the visual aero damage to mean something after all
this time) that's a totally different conversation. :-)

Andrew McP

Old May 21st 10, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> Isn't this coming soon? It's what their last rejoin-please mail
> said...

I've no idea. When I see such announcements I'm usually too busy crying at the
never-ending stream of content to pay attention to everything.

When I first joined and was persuaded to stay by buying and enjoying the Skip
Barber, I had a few races tip-toeing around after guys who'd clearly damaged their
rear spoilers. It took quite a while for me to realise it was meaningless, and it
has taken much, much longer for aero damage to make its way up the priority list. I
always found that puzzling.

But then I find so much of life puzzling, why should iRacing be any different? :-)

Now I'm thinking about it, iRacing may have done something about the visual damage,
because I can't remember the last time I saw a damaged rear wing on a Skip. And I
suppose you could always argue that such visible damage was a sign that the car had
been in some kind of incident, and might be unstable. So I might be over-playing
this issue.

Ultimately I just think 6 years of development time is quite a lot, even for a
small team. It's not as if they were starting from nothing.

Still, warts & all it's nice to be supporting the work of people like Grant Reeve,
who used to post here back in the days when anyone gave a sh*t what we think about
anything.

Assuming, of course, they ever did. ;-)

Andrew McP

Old May 21st 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Plowboy" > wrote in
:
> "APLer" > wrote in message
>> "Plowboy" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Ok the whole 2 laps are truncated (seems like the segment is intact
>>> as shown on TOP GEAR, but it takes just over 6 minutes to watch 2 10
>>> minute laps)...
>>>
>>> Oh and I couldn't revisit (refresh memory) while at work, but it
>>> wasn't the high top version, I thought it was...
>>> she? can do under 10 minutes without traffic, I'd bet/think.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pkl...eature=related
>>>

>> It's always the top-posters. Please don't. What question did I ask
>> last reply?
>>

> fuk u

Brilliant. Ok, *assuming* you're something like 12 and *didn't* know,
read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabine_Schmidt

Important note: she has driven the course more than any person on the
planet.

Audi Supercar Burns up on Nurburgring rms Simulators 0 April 9th 07 07:08 PM
Huttu, 8:16, Nurburgring, GTL movie 115Mb Andrew MacPherson Simulators 12 February 7th 06 07:26 AM
BMW Nurburgring video bfd BMW 3 July 8th 05 10:32 AM
Nurburgring 1970 out Goy Larsen Simulators 0 February 10th 05 10:14 PM