I love my 1991 Accord

Old March 22nd 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Mark G.

Default I love my 1991 Accord

200k miles, going for 300k...

Old March 23rd 10, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Question Quigley[_3_]

Don't forget to replace that timing belt!

Old March 23rd 10, 11:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TE Cheah

Possible only in a cold climate ( for which SM4 is optimised ), needs to
be modified for a warm ( let alone hot ) climate, or every component (
esp injectors / alternator ) below bonnet will be too hot, e.g. resistors'
heat ( 19.86 watt ) will flow toward injectors which when idle & hot
will evaporate petrol, then petrol's wax content will clog nozzles, then
[i] engine will be hard to start [ii] detergent added by user can't
dissolve all of this wax ( accumulate too fast ) in city use.
Thermostat opens @78ºC i.e. this is ideal tmprtre, but tmprtre gauge
has no calibration, to hide overheating in a warm/ hot climate.
2.2 litre has longer branch exhaust*manifold, 2 litre has cheapo short
branch *. Results [i] lower though adequate torque @ low rpm ( as
during buyers' test drives ), but very low ( <½ as much ) torque & mpg
@ high ( >3000 ) rpm : inadequacy increases with rpm. [ii] on highway
when >3000 rpm is needed, user cannot change gear from neutral to
drive w-o a jerk ; crank shaft etc. cannot spin fast enough from idle to >
3000 rpm [iii] cooling is worse. This is why expensive cars have long
branch *. http://circletrack.com/techarticles/73598
Many car makers ( incl Nissan in Sunny 130Y, Hyundai in Sonata 2.4,
Proton in Waja 1.8 ) save on *, because 99.9% buyers have no chance
to test drive on highways, or know / experienced a difference between
short & long branch *. Honda fits only short branch ( 4 into 1 pipe ),
cheap & heavy cast iron * for its engines <2.2 litre.
Toe-in prescribed for rear wheels is stupid ; rolling resistance is not
minimised ( & fuel consumption maximised ) unless toe-in is 0.
Disc brake calipers' mounting bolts must not be overtightened, or pads
when idle will bind discs : I had to add a spring washer to avoid over
tightening.

| 200k miles, going for 300k...
Gearbox lacks a ATF filter, torque convertor's lock up clutch won't lock
, before 100k miles unless a filter is fitted. Changing ATF can't remove
all dirt : my 2nd g-box was noisy in neutral despite ATF change, before
a filter was fitted & used for 3000 km.

Old March 24th 10, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TE Cheah

Default correction : "consumption" should be "economy"

Old March 24th 10, 09:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
thomas[_4_]

do you think he needs an answer?

...[i]

Old November 22nd 14, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JEM 91accordDX

On Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:17:32 PM UTC-4, Mark G. wrote:
> 200k miles, going for 300k...

6556000, speedo just went ;-(

I love my new 2008 Accord EX-L! alfred[_3_] Honda 14 December 13th 07 09:07 PM
Love my 2000 Accord, don't love the rust Pete from Boston Honda 3 September 11th 07 04:42 AM
1991 honda accord biggt Honda 6 August 4th 06 08:18 PM
1991 Honda Accord LX [email protected] Honda 0 April 22nd 06 04:24 AM
1991 accord distributor jwalk7331 Honda 3 August 21st 05 01:55 PM