Number of active iRacing members?

Old May 23rd 09, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

Default Number of active iRacing members?

Now that summer time is approaching has the number of active
iRacing members gone much past 6,000 yet? Last I read it was
about 9,000 members, 3,000 of which left, leaving about 6,000
active members.

Old May 23rd 09, 07:44 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On May 23, 8:10 am, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> Now that summer time is approaching has the number of active
> iRacing members gone much past 6,000 yet? Last I read it was
> about 9,000 members, 3,000 of which left, leaving about 6,000
> active members.

Probably around 8,500-9,000 active subscriptions. The last official
number was around 8,000 a couple of months ago, but the 50 % discount
for new and returning members as well as the NASCAR announcement have
had a clear impact.
Old May 25th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_5_]

"jeffareid" > wrote in message
> Now that summer time is approaching has the number of active
> iRacing members gone much past 6,000 yet? Last I read it was
> about 9,000 members, 3,000 of which left, leaving about 6,000
> active members.

And... your point?

Alan

Old May 25th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>> Now that summer time is approaching has the number of active
>> iRacing members gone much past 6,000 yet? Last I read it was
>> about 9,000 members, 3,000 of which left, leaving about 6,000
>> active members.

> And... your point?

I made a guestimate that iRacing's pricing scheme (and probably
the car unlocking scheme) would probably only last 3 years before
a major change. Being stuck at around 6,000 players for a while,
they've started reducing prices with specials to get the player
count back up, so a bit of a minor change, but not the major
change I'm expecting down the road.

The point is that there simply aren't that many players interested
in iRacing in it's current state.

Currently I'm looking forward to rFactor 2 and NFS Shift.

Old May 25th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Being stuck at around 6,000 players for a while

They were not stuck at 6,000 players at any point.
Old May 25th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>> Being stuck at around 6,000 players for a while
> They were not stuck at 6,000 players at any point.

While total membership was growing towards 9,000 players,
the number of active players hovered around 6,000 for over
6 months, based on the posts I've read.

Old May 26th 09, 11:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On May 25, 6:47*pm, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> >> Being stuck at around 6,000 players for a while

> > They were not stuck at 6,000 players at any point.

> While total membership was growing towards 9,000 players,
> the number of active players hovered around 6,000 for over
> 6 months, based on the posts I've read.

It's places like that that I like to get all my information, too.
Old May 26th 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dr. Who

> wrote in message

It's places like that that I like to get all my information, too.

Learn to read between the lines. It's quite obvious that iRacing is not
doing all that great. Whether it is 6,000 or 10,000 doesn't matter because
both figures are quite poor for an online only game.

Old May 26th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On May 26, 1:47*am, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> While total membership was growing towards 9,000 players,
> the number of active players hovered around 6,000 for over
> 6 months, based on the posts I've read.

Must have been a misunderstanding (or simply false information). They
have posted active subscription numbers only twice: in March it was
8,000, in December 6,000. Six months before December they didn't even
have close to 6,000 subscriptions total.
Old May 26th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>> While total membership was growing towards 9,000 players,
>> the number of active players hovered around 6,000 for over
>> 6 months, based on the posts I've read.

>Must have been a misunderstanding (or simply false information). They
>have posted active subscription numbers only twice: in March it was
>8,000, in December 6,000. Six months before December they didn't even
>have close to 6,000 subscriptions total.

That would explain the apparent delay between updates in posts I've
read. Seemed like I read 6,000 active players at RSC before last
December but with RSC down I can't confirm this.