2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

Old February 3rd 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester

Default 2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule

"Avalon1178" wrote

>> Why the resistance to following it?

> Who said I'm not gonna follow it? Can't you read my original

question? A simple "yes" or "no" is all I'm looking for. Geez, did I
just offend your Honda religion or something?

Your original post included wondering a) what happens if the "minder"
malfunctions, and b) what happens if the dealer forgets to reset it. (It was
to those that I responded.) Those are not "yes or no" questions. So in the
future, be clear with your communication, and we'll respond accordingly.
There are a lot of bright, knowledgeable people here who really do go out of
their way to help... and respond accordingly. Seriously, I hope you enjoy
your new car.

This has been a very entertaining thread; thank you all!

Old February 3rd 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Avalon1178 wrote:
> On Feb 2, 3:29 pm, jim beam > wrote:
>> Avalon1178 wrote:
>>> The only "schedule" I see in my manual is the one mentioned in pages
>>> 228-229 of the 2008 Hondai Civic Sedan, but this is exactly what I"m
>>> talking about, its not a "schedule" like you said but more of a
>>> "minder" which I posted originally. In my old 2005 manual, it spells
>>> it out such that at every 5000 mi, you change the oil, at 10000 mi you
>>> change oil + other stuff, at 30000 mi interval you do major service
>>> etc (located at the middle of the page). What "manual" are you
>>> talking about?
>>> See my reply above. Show me what page where "it spells things out
>>> quite clearly". For example, I've always replaced my engine oil at
>>> every 5000 mi, but the 2008 civic you basically have to rely on the
>>> reminder whether your oil is 15% or 10% etc. It doesn't say in the
>>> manual the recommended time to replace the oil (i.e. every 6 months or
>>> every 5000 mi). What happens if the dealer forgets to reset the
>>> reminder or, worse, malfunctions?

>> how hard is this concept? do you fill the gas tank every 300 miles or
>> when the gauge shows you should? same principle applies with the the
>> maint sched reminder!
>>
>> and if they "forget" reset it, not only will you not be paying them,
>> you'll see the percentage stay the same and you'll be calling the dealer
>> to have them sort it out. if it malfunctions, since it's integrated
>> with your engine management computer, the car will be dead and you'll be
>> calling the dealer for warranty repair.- Hide quoted text -

> Dude would you f***ing relax? I just asked if there is a schedule in
> the new civics such as those in the older models. I in no way did I
> say the new features are bad. It was a new thing that caught me by
> surprise, in a good way. If there's no schedule in the manual, then
> fine! Can anyone get a simple "yes" or "no" answer here anymore?

have you noticed how people here don't like answering dumb questions?
you want to pay me, i'll give you any answer you want. if you don't
want to pay me, you got to interest me - and bleating about what you're
getting for free just doesn't do that.
Old February 3rd 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Avalon1178

On Feb 2, 5:10*pm, "Howard Lester" > wrote:
> "Avalon1178" * wrote
>
> >> Why the resistance to following it?

> > Who said I'm not gonna follow it? *Can't you read my original

> question? *A simple "yes" or "no" is all I'm looking for. *Geez, did I
> just offend your Honda religion or something?
>
> Your original post included wondering a) what happens if the "minder"
> malfunctions, and b) what happens if the dealer forgets to reset it. (It was
> to those that I responded.) Those are not "yes or no" questions. So in the
> future, be clear with your communication, and we'll respond accordingly.
> There are a lot of bright, knowledgeable people here who really do go out of
> their way to help... and respond accordingly. Seriously, I hope you enjoy
> your new car.
>
> This has been a very entertaining thread; thank you all!

Dude, are you and Elmo eating the same food for dinner? Here's my
original question from the very first post of this thread:

"Now with all the new
features in the 2008 model like maintenance reminders etc, and the
absence of a schedule maintenance in the owner's manual, is there no
point to following your standard 5000 miles scheduled maintenance to,
say, get your oil change etc or your typical 10,000-interval mile
service to a shop (like tire rotation, brake fluid check, etc)? "

Maybe you should stick to reading those astronomy books and learning
about hummingbird behaviors, or try using your own brain for a chance
before you suggest others to do the same.

Old February 3rd 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Avalon1178

> have you noticed how people here don't like answering dumb questions?
> you want to pay me, i'll give you any answer you want. *if you don't
> want to pay me, you got to interest me - and bleating about what you're
> getting for free just doesn't do that.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks but I finally got my answer. Unfortunately it took 14+ threads
to sift through. Some people here seriously have issues if one
comment that may sound "bad" is made to their Honda gods.
Old February 3rd 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Avalon1178 wrote:
> On Feb 2, 5:10�pm, "Howard Lester" > wrote:
>> "Avalon1178" � wrote

>>> Who said I'm not gonna follow it? �Can't you read my original

>> question? �A simple "yes" or "no" is all I'm looking for. �Geez, did I
>> just offend your Honda religion or something?
>>
>> Your original post included wondering a) what happens if the "minder"
>> malfunctions, and b) what happens if the dealer forgets to reset it. (It was
>> to those that I responded.) Those are not "yes or no" questions. So in the
>> future, be clear with your communication, and we'll respond accordingly.
>> There are a lot of bright, knowledgeable people here who really do go out of
>> their way to help... and respond accordingly. Seriously, I hope you enjoy
>> your new car.
>>
>> This has been a very entertaining thread; thank you all!

> Dude, are you and Elmo eating the same food for dinner? Here's my
> original question from the very first post of this thread:
>
> "Now with all the new
> features in the 2008 model like maintenance reminders etc, and the
> absence of a schedule maintenance in the owner's manual, is there no
> point to following your standard 5000 miles scheduled maintenance to,
> say, get your oil change etc or your typical 10,000-interval mile
> service to a shop (like tire rotation, brake fluid check, etc)? "
>
> Maybe you should stick to reading those astronomy books and learning
> about hummingbird behaviors, or try using your own brain for a chance
> before you suggest others to do the same.

lets get this straight - you show up out of the blue, you ask badly
constructed and poorly considered questions, then get all ****ed because
the people you're asking really can't be bothered with your ****, but
it's all their fault??? dude, knowing how to read the owners manual is
the least of your problems.
Old February 3rd 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Avalon1178

> lets get this straight - you show up out of the blue, you ask badly
> constructed and poorly considered questions, then get all ****ed because
> the people you're asking really can't be bothered with your ****, but
> it's all their fault??? *dude, knowing how to read the owners manual is
> the least of your problems.- Hide quoted text -

Okay, I guess we can put you in the same horse stable as Elmo and
Howard. I think someone needs to replace the hay you guys have been
eating.

Read my original question again. If you people don't want to be
bothered with my question, then don't respond at all, instead of
saying some smartass response like I don't know what I'm talking
about. Its a simple question given the fact that I drove an older
model before purchasing a new one. And if you can't follow this
"badly constructed and poorly considered question", then I guess
you're just as stupid for not carefully reading it before posting your
response. This is a usenet group, not grammar school.
Old February 3rd 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Avalon1178 wrote:
>> lets get this straight - you show up out of the blue, you ask badly
>> constructed and poorly considered questions, then get all ****ed because
>> the people you're asking really can't be bothered with your ****, but
>> it's all their fault??? �dude, knowing how to read the owners manual is
>> the least of your problems.- Hide quoted text -
>>

> Okay, I guess we can put you in the same horse stable as Elmo and
> Howard. I think someone needs to replace the hay you guys have been
> eating.
>
> Read my original question again. If you people don't want to be
> bothered with my question, then don't respond at all, instead of
> saying some smartass response like I don't know what I'm talking
> about. Its a simple question given the fact that I drove an older
> model before purchasing a new one. And if you can't follow this
> "badly constructed and poorly considered question", then I guess
> you're just as stupid for not carefully reading it before posting your
> response. This is a usenet group, not grammar school.

let's see - you've argued with not one, not two, but three people here.
statistically, what is the likely common denominator in this equation?
Old February 3rd 08, 07:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> let's see - you've argued with not one, not two, but three people here.
> * statistically, what is the likely common denominator in this equation?- Hide quoted text -

Three stupid people eating hay in a horse stable
Old February 3rd 08, 07:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Avalon1178

On Feb 2, 10:35*pm, wrote:
> > let's see - you've argued with not one, not two, but three people here.
> > * statistically, what is the likely common denominator in this equation?- Hide quoted text -

> Three stupid people eating hay in a horse stable

Now who the heck are you? If I were you I wouldn't get involved....
Old February 3rd 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Avalon

> let's see - you've argued with not one, not two, but three people here.
> statistically, what is the likely common denominator in this equation?- Hide quoted text -

Hahaha, someone posted a response to this question that is worthy of
repeating, but I think he/she knows better about getting involved
since he/she deleted their post.

Schedule 1/2 Maintenance S K Mazda 12 August 6th 07 06:24 AM
Maintenance schedule for '03 E46 325i Giskard Reventlov BMW 49 May 3rd 07 04:43 PM
Maintenance Schedule for 2006 Civic Oakparker Honda 15 October 2nd 06 04:31 AM
maintenance schedule VA_Tech_Hokies Honda 2 December 9th 04 02:59 PM
My Beetle's Maintenance Schedule - Help Please! Sleepy Joe VW air cooled 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM