2001 Corvette door handle

Old July 17th 07, 03:37 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 2001 Corvette door handle

Have a couple questions. My 2001 Corvette convertible was broken in
to. They used a screwdriver to push in the lock on the drivers door.
I took it to a shop to get fixed but they wanted to charge me $1100 to
do the job. With high deductible and no money I would rather fix it
myself. I'm not sure what holds the lock into place but it may be
possible to put the lock back and refasten it but I need to get to it
somehow to see. What procedure do I need to take to get to the out
door handle from the inside without messing anything up?

2nd question: Is there a Hayes or Chilton repain manual for C5
Vettes? I can't find one. If anyone knows where they can be bought
please let me know.

Last question. When I turn my lights off on my car the lights go down
but there is a whirring noise (like a motor running really loudly) on
the passenger side light. It goes for about 10 seconds before it
quits. Anyone have any ideas on what this may be or how it could be
fixed? The lights work okay, but that motor noise it loud and I fear
something bad will soon follow.

Thanks for your help.

Old July 17th 07, 10:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Have a couple questions. My 2001 Corvette convertible was broken in
> to. They used a screwdriver to push in the lock on the drivers door.
> I took it to a shop to get fixed but they wanted to charge me $1100 to
> do the job. With high deductible and no money I would rather fix it
> myself. I'm not sure what holds the lock into place but it may be
> possible to put the lock back and refasten it but I need to get to it
> somehow to see. What procedure do I need to take to get to the out
> door handle from the inside without messing anything up?

Ask Dad for help on this one...

> 2nd question: Is there a Hayes or Chilton repain manual for C5
> Vettes? I can't find one. If anyone knows where they can be bought
> please let me know.

I bought a manual from ebay...

> Last question. When I turn my lights off on my car the lights go down
> but there is a whirring noise (like a motor running really loudly) on
> the passenger side light. It goes for about 10 seconds before it
> quits. Anyone have any ideas on what this may be or how it could be
> fixed? The lights work okay, but that motor noise it loud and I fear
> something bad will soon follow.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I think that might be your headlight motor gear going bad I replaced mine
from this guy here on ebay...

C5 headlight gears http://tinyurl.com/3dands

--
ZÿRiX

Scott, how would your Corvette handle 223rem Driving 45 February 17th 07 09:48 PM
1999 Chrysler Concorde LXI Window / Door Handle / Speaker / Door vegascyclist Chrysler 31 June 9th 06 11:21 PM
Inner door handle got loose! I Audi 1 July 16th 05 09:24 PM
2001 300m passenger door handle(inside) Fiberman Chrysler 19 March 27th 05 08:33 PM
Door Handle Jerry Small Chrysler 2 October 10th 04 05:50 PM