Texas woman pulls in front of ex-boyfriend's new Rolls Royce,takes out gun and disables luxury car with one shot

Old April 10th 16, 04:28 AM posted to houston.politics,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.guns,soc.culture.african.american
Scout[_3_]

Default Texas woman pulls in front of ex-boyfriend's new Rolls Royce, takes out gun and disables luxury car with one shot

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...n-disables-ex-

>>> Some cars have an oil cooler in the radiator.

>> Plus slugs slamming into an aluminum block are likely to damage it
>> enough to cause an oil leak.
>>

> Assuming it got that far and had enough energy left after penetrating a
> grill and a radiator. But, an aluminum block......

Well, neither a grill nor radiator is going to do much at slowing down a
slug unless it's a really small, light slug.

And aluminum usually doesn't handle sharp impact loadings well.

Old April 10th 16, 07:52 PM posted to houston.politics,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.guns,soc.culture.african.american
RD Sandman[_4_]

"Scout" > wrote in
:

> "RD Sandman" > wrote in message
>> "Scout" > wrote in
>> :

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...n-disables-ex-

>>> Plus slugs slamming into an aluminum block are likely to damage it
>>> enough to cause an oil leak.
>>>

>> Assuming it got that far and had enough energy left after penetrating

>> grill and a radiator. But, an aluminum block......

> Well, neither a grill nor radiator is going to do much at slowing down

> slug unless it's a really small, light slug.

What if it occurred in OZ?

> And aluminum usually doesn't handle sharp impact loadings well.

I know. I was agreeing with you.

--

RD (The Sandman)

One bullet in the possession of a criminal is too much
while ten bullets in the possession of mother protecting
her children may not be enough.

---

Old April 10th 16, 08:43 PM posted to houston.politics,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.guns,soc.culture.african.american
Scout[_3_]

"RD Sandman" > wrote in message
> "Scout" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "RD Sandman" > wrote in message
>>> "Scout" > wrote in
>>> :

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...n-disables-ex-

>>> Assuming it got that far and had enough energy left after penetrating

>>> grill and a radiator. But, an aluminum block......

>> Well, neither a grill nor radiator is going to do much at slowing down

>> slug unless it's a really small, light slug.

> What if it occurred in OZ?

Then the bullet would fly backwards and off into space since they are always
backwards and upside down.

>> And aluminum usually doesn't handle sharp impact loadings well.

> I know. I was agreeing with you.

And just confirming that agreement.

Old April 11th 16, 06:27 PM posted to houston.politics,sac.politics,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.guns,soc.culture.african.american
RD Sandman[_4_]

"Scout" > wrote in
:

> "RD Sandman" > wrote in message
>> "Scout" > wrote in
>> :

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...n-disables-ex-

>>> Well, neither a grill nor radiator is going to do much at slowing
>>> down

>>> slug unless it's a really small, light slug.

>> What if it occurred in OZ?

> Then the bullet would fly backwards and off into space since they are
> always backwards and upside down.
>

>>> And aluminum usually doesn't handle sharp impact loadings well.

>> I know. I was agreeing with you.

> And just confirming that agreement.

Works for me....