Dodge Caliber/Jeep Compass 2.0L 4-Cylinder

Old October 4th 13, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default Dodge Caliber/Jeep Compass 2.0L 4-Cylinder

I'm working on the referenced engine that has a P02006 code that describes
the intake manifold runner control stuck closed.

I found the control valve, and removed it. I attempt to turn the shaft that
is inside the intake manifold to operate the manifoild runner, but it does
not turn. I do not want to break it and I have never worked on one before,
so I need to know if it should turn freely, and about how far.

I can turn the output shaft of the small motor, and it turns about 60
degrees or so and hits a hard stop. It appears that this should be enough to
operate the runner sufficiently to change the length of the intake, or open
it up more so there is greater air flow, whatever happens. Since I cannot
physically turn the shaft that is the manifold runner, I think I have to
replace the entire manifold, but I am not sure.

Does anybody know if I can fix this car for the price of the control
valve/motor, or do I have to replace the intake manifold? I can do either,
but one option is $150 more than the other.

Thanks,

dodge caliber robert esposito Dodge 1 March 29th 08 07:32 PM
Dodge Caliber / Jeep Compass Opinions mike[_1_] Chrysler 18 January 19th 07 02:46 AM
2007 Jeep Compass Ad.jpg DKR[_2_] Auto Photos 0 November 26th 06 06:42 PM
Dodge Caliber Stuuder Dodge 3 April 18th 06 02:35 PM
First look at the Jeep Compass [email protected] Jeep 31 January 25th 06 04:32 AM