Best Tires for C5?

Old December 9th 12, 04:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
C5Ya

Default Best Tires for C5?

What are the best runflats for the C5?
Old December 10th 12, 02:35 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

<C5Ya> wrote in message
> What are the best runflats for the C5?

\
Depends on what you need to fit your driving requirements. Do you
drive allot, very little, autocross, in the rain or dry only, shows
only, daily, once a month, 1,000 or 20,000 miles a year and do you
need runflats? Then there are the cheaper tires that seem to do ok at
half the price if your budget can't do the big brands.

I've run Goodyear EMTs, Supercar EMTs, and standard Supercar,
Michelin, Dunlop, and Continental in non runflat on both the C5s and
the C6. I preferred Goodyear when I raced as they didn't get hard and
slick like the Michelins do as they age and work harden. My choice for
travel is Continental for the C5 and Dunlop for the C6. The Dunlop is
a width under the standard with an open tread to run in rain when I
come through the mountains during the winter, helps in the snow also.

My pick for the C5 would be the Continental for its smooth quiet ride
and cost, then carry an air pump and plug kit.

OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Technology 68 September 12th 07 03:08 AM
Winter drivinng: FWD and RWD with snow tires vs. AWD with all-season tires - what people who have done the tests say GRL BMW 27 February 26th 06 07:27 PM
FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires Nik BMW 5 December 16th 05 01:36 AM
Quiet tires=soft tires? Frank Honda 8 March 16th 05 08:40 PM
Winter tires vs offroad tires. Goldhawk 4x4 5 January 5th 05 10:34 PM