Dad. Found you on CAC

Old June 26th 12, 05:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Default Dad. Found you on CAC

You posted:

"Now you got it, if they can't build cars anymore and need to work only on
the bottom line and big pay for the big boys, scrap the Corvette. I bought
my first one in Oct. 1956 and have dealt with that dealer every since, they
sold out this month, can't make any money with the programs GM allows them.
It's time for me to reconsider my buying habits when GM's best is not any
better than many from off shore.

I've owned and driven all six generations and was looking forward to the
seventh, now not so much, sad."

Here you even admit that many foreign cars are equal to GM's best (if you
assume Corvette is GM's best). Pretty sad how messed up GM is today.
Enough to make you want to buy German or Japanese.

Old June 26th 12, 06:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
.com...
> You posted:
>
> "Now you got it, if they can't build cars anymore and need to work
> only on the bottom line and big pay for the big boys, scrap the
> Corvette. I bought my first one in Oct. 1956 and have dealt with
> that dealer every since, they sold out this month, can't make any
> money with the programs GM allows them. It's time for me to
> reconsider my buying habits when GM's best is not any better than
> many from off shore.
>
> I've owned and driven all six generations and was looking forward to
> the seventh, now not so much, sad."
>
> Here you even admit that many foreign cars are equal to GM's best
> (if you assume Corvette is GM's best). Pretty sad how messed up GM
> is today. Enough to make you want to buy German or Japanese.

What I post is as near fact as I know it, what you do is not so much
that way. What you have posted out of context or without the question
ask is something we see every day with our politicians, care to
validate what I said by adding the question? Try some of your
constant negative statements on CAC and see how you're received.

You also assume allot by thinking I think that the Corvette is GM's
best. I drive what I like and some of the time it is not the best,
I've stated that also. Even with GM's faults I'll never drive German
or Japanese and my buying habits may change dealerships but it will be
an American made car. Three of the most trouble free cars I've owned
was a Cadillac, Buick, and an Oldsmobile plus a number of trouble free
Chevrolets including Corvettes, and of the 50+ cars I've owned I had a
lemon in '63, BFD.

As a side note my granddaughter is on a 1200 mile road trip this week
in her Pontiac 2008 Grand Prix with well over 100,000 mile on it
because the Honda won't get the gas mileage it will. Yeah for the
Japanese cars.

Old June 26th 12, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

"Dad" > wrote in message

> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
> .com...
>> You posted:
>>
>> "Now you got it, if they can't build cars anymore and need to work only
>> on the bottom line and big pay for the big boys, scrap the Corvette. I
>> bought my first one in Oct. 1956 and have dealt with that dealer every
>> since, they sold out this month, can't make any money with the programs
>> GM allows them. It's time for me to reconsider my buying habits when GM's
>> best is not any better than many from off shore.
>>
>> I've owned and driven all six generations and was looking forward to the
>> seventh, now not so much, sad."

I think there is a cultural difference base on where we live. Appears you
live in Michigan and I live in Southern Calif. Domestic vehicles are in the
minority here.

In fact, if you drive a domestic vehicle, I think you are looked upon as
being something of a bumpkin.

I think Chevy would sell more vehicles here if they were to remove all the
gold bow tie symbols from their cars.

I agree with you that I do not think Corvette is the flagship of the GM
brand. Not sure an OHV engine with no variable valve timing or direct
injection can ever be considered praiseworthy.

I like the Cad with their modern GM engine variants as state of the art for
GM. GM has to keep up with reliabiliy and get the resale value up.

Old June 26th 12, 07:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
.com...

> I think there is a cultural difference base on where we live.
> Appears you live in Michigan and I live in Southern Calif. Domestic
> vehicles are in the minority here.

No, I do not live in Michigan but it would be a step or two up from
California.

> In fact, if you drive a domestic vehicle, I think you are looked
> upon as being something of a bumpkin.

That will never happen to me, I'll never be in California again, what
a waste land. I spent a week in L.A. putting on a training seminar and
did find a few good restaurants. May start to pray for that big one to
get it dumped into the sea.

> I think Chevy would sell more vehicles here if they were to remove
> all the gold bow tie symbols from their cars.

Corvette does not have a bow tie, what's your point.

> I agree with you that I do not think Corvette is the flagship of the
> GM brand. Not sure an OHV engine with no variable valve timing or
> direct injection can ever be considered praiseworthy.

I didn't say it wasn't the flagship or "best" nor did I say it was,
can you read at all? You're really stuck on the VVT & DI aren't you?
Why then does my granddaughters Pontiac kick the crap out of her Mom's
Honda for gas mileage by nearly 10% and a better ride with twice the
miles on it?

> I like the Cad with their modern GM engine variants as state of the
> art for GM. GM has to keep up with reliabiliy and get the resale
> value up.

Of course you are talking about the Corvette LSX engine that is in the
"V" series Cadillac's. The '92 Eldorado I had was not a Northstar, had
it 5 years and 118K, the Seville was a Northstar, it was a slug, 1
year and 11K and it was gone. Like I said on CAC if they screw up the
push rod engine I may skip the C7.

Dad does not always know best Andrew DeFaria Corvette 9 September 22nd 09 11:19 PM
AC help (DAD) ZÿRiX[_2_] Corvette 1 January 15th 08 06:57 AM
Dad's new Ferrari! - New Ferrari for Dad $1,000,000.eml Tiligibar Auto Photos 1 March 6th 07 12:51 PM
Ping: Dad CardsFan Corvette 2 November 14th 05 03:48 AM
CAC Cruisefest 2005 Tom Corvette 8 April 1st 05 08:33 PM