Who says women don't know how to drive!

Old November 6th 09, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave C.[_4_]

Default Who says women don't know how to drive!

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 01:01:35 -0000
"If at first you don't succeed......" > wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8347164.stm
>
> Woman passes 950th driving test
>

> A South Korean woman is celebrating after passing the written exam
> for a driving licence - on her 950th attempt.
>
> After four years of trying, 68-year-old Cha Sa-soon finally managed
> to secure the 60 out of 100 points needed to pass the test.
>
> The grandmother has spent more than 5m won ($4,200, £2,600) on
> application fees for the test.
>
> Now Mrs Cha, who lives in Jeonju, 130 miles (210km) south of Seoul,
> must pass the practical test to get on the road.
>
> 'Don't give up'
>
> According to the Korean Driver's Licence Agency, the 50-minute
> written test consists of 50 multiple-choice questions on road
> regulations and car maintenance.
>
> Mrs Cha had been trying to pass it since 13 April 2005, the Korea
> Times reported.
>
> She wanted a licence so that she could use a vehicle to sell
> vegetables and other goods, the newspaper said.
>
> And her determination to pass the test has made her well-known at the
> Jeonju centre.
>
> "She is really famous here. Not only agency employees but even some
> test-takers know her. Her challenging spirit is really amazing," one
> official was quoted as saying.
>
> Speaking in February - after her 775th failure - Mrs Cha had appeared
> undaunted.
>
> "I believe you can achieve your goal if you persistently pursue it,"
> she told Reuters news agency.
>
> "So don't give up your dream, like me. Be strong and do your best."

OK, are the written exams in Korea tough, or what? -Dave

--
Dave C. >

Old November 7th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
Grüe

"If at first you don't succeed......" > wrote in
:

> "So don't give up your dream, like me. Be strong and do your best."

*Sigh*...that's not inspirational. That's rediculous.
Old November 7th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

If at first you don't succeed...... wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8347164.stm
>
> Woman passes 950th driving test
>

> A South Korean woman is celebrating after passing the written exam for a
> driving licence - on her 950th attempt.
>
> After four years of trying, 68-year-old Cha Sa-soon finally managed to
> secure the 60 out of 100 points needed to pass the test.
>
> The grandmother has spent more than 5m won ($4,200, £2,600) on
> application fees for the test.
>
> Now Mrs Cha, who lives in Jeonju, 130 miles (210km) south of Seoul, must
> pass the practical test to get on the road.
>
> 'Don't give up'
>
> According to the Korean Driver's Licence Agency, the 50-minute written
> test consists of 50 multiple-choice questions on road regulations and
> car maintenance.
>
> Mrs Cha had been trying to pass it since 13 April 2005, the Korea Times
> reported.
>
> She wanted a licence so that she could use a vehicle to sell vegetables
> and other goods, the newspaper said.
>
> And her determination to pass the test has made her well-known at the
> Jeonju centre.
>
> "She is really famous here. Not only agency employees but even some
> test-takers know her. Her challenging spirit is really amazing," one
> official was quoted as saying.
>
> Speaking in February - after her 775th failure - Mrs Cha had appeared
> undaunted.
>
> "I believe you can achieve your goal if you persistently pursue it," she
> told Reuters news agency.
>
> "So don't give up your dream, like me. Be strong and do your best."

Gee a korean who can't drive, is she from Jersey originally?
Old November 7th 09, 10:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities

succeed......" > wrote:

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8347164.stm
>
>Woman passes 950th driving test
>

>A South Korean woman is celebrating after passing the written exam for a
>driving licence - on her 950th attempt.
>
>After four years of trying, 68-year-old Cha Sa-soon finally managed to
>secure the 60 out of 100 points needed to pass the test.
>
>The grandmother has spent more than 5m won ($4,200, £2,600) on application
>fees for the test.
>
>Now Mrs Cha, who lives in Jeonju, 130 miles (210km) south of Seoul, must
>pass the practical test to get on the road.
>
>'Don't give up'
>
>According to the Korean Driver's Licence Agency, the 50-minute written test
>consists of 50 multiple-choice questions on road regulations and car
>maintenance.
>
>Mrs Cha had been trying to pass it since 13 April 2005, the Korea Times
>reported.
>
>She wanted a licence so that she could use a vehicle to sell vegetables and
>other goods, the newspaper said.
>
>And her determination to pass the test has made her well-known at the
>Jeonju centre.
>
>"She is really famous here. Not only agency employees but even some
>test-takers know her. Her challenging spirit is really amazing," one
>official was quoted as saying.
>
>Speaking in February - after her 775th failure - Mrs Cha had appeared
>undaunted.
>
>"I believe you can achieve your goal if you persistently pursue it," she
>told Reuters news agency.
>
>"So don't give up your dream, like me. Be strong and do your best."

LOL. So Chinese and Driving tests...you're hungry for another 15
minutes later.
Old November 7th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.men,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.gossip.celebrities
Guy Namechanger

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 01:01:35 -0000, "If at first you don't
> succeed......" > wrote:
>
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8347164.stm
>>
>>Woman passes 950th driving test
>>

>>A South Korean woman is celebrating after passing the written exam for a
>>driving licence - on her 950th attempt.
>>
>>After four years of trying, 68-year-old Cha Sa-soon finally managed to
>>secure the 60 out of 100 points needed to pass the test.
>>
>>The grandmother has spent more than 5m won ($4,200, £2,600) on application
>>fees for the test.
>>
>>Now Mrs Cha, who lives in Jeonju, 130 miles (210km) south of Seoul, must
>>pass the practical test to get on the road.
>>
>>'Don't give up'
>>
>>According to the Korean Driver's Licence Agency, the 50-minute written
>>test
>>consists of 50 multiple-choice questions on road regulations and car
>>maintenance.
>>
>>Mrs Cha had been trying to pass it since 13 April 2005, the Korea Times
>>reported.
>>
>>She wanted a licence so that she could use a vehicle to sell vegetables
>>and
>>other goods, the newspaper said.
>>
>>And her determination to pass the test has made her well-known at the
>>Jeonju centre.
>>
>>"She is really famous here. Not only agency employees but even some
>>test-takers know her. Her challenging spirit is really amazing," one
>>official was quoted as saying.
>>
>>Speaking in February - after her 775th failure - Mrs Cha had appeared
>>undaunted.
>>
>>"I believe you can achieve your goal if you persistently pursue it," she
>>told Reuters news agency.
>>
>>"So don't give up your dream, like me. Be strong and do your best."

> LOL. So Chinese and Driving tests...you're hungry for another 15
> minutes later.

I wonder if the tests include a Chinese Fire Drill anywhere.

women who drive vettes Di Adkins Corvette 2 April 11th 06 01:27 AM
Why Women shouldn't be allowed to drive proffsl Driving 0 June 30th 05 04:37 PM
I can't see any reason why women should drive Old Wolf Driving 133 May 15th 05 06:58 PM
women John Willis VW air cooled 0 October 14th 04 12:43 AM
If what he really wants is women I-zheet M'drurz Corvette 11 August 31st 04 12:02 AM