Operation Emboss: 25.00%

Old November 3rd 09, 04:21 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Operation Emboss: 25.00%

Hi Viatologists,

Photographs equal knowledge. As of 3-Nov-2009, the Worldwide
Transportation Library (WWTL) has watermarked 25% of its road
photographs.

Through the Operation Emboss initiative, the WWTL will lift its ban on
JPG file-sharing once every photo has been watermarked. Operation
Emboss is our way of distributing knowledge to the viatology community
while--at the same time--creating an avenue where anyone can share our
roadside photographs w/ the mainstream Internet community.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
http://m.wwtl.info [Mobile]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old November 5th 09, 11:06 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Larry Harvilla

(snip all of the crap so as not to defeat people's filters)

One-fourth of this contrived excuse to spew diarrhea throughout USENET
has taken seven months plus a week, give or take. That means we're in
for another 22 months or so of spam, by my count.

I'll probably be in Ann Arbor watching RichRod (or his successor, if he
doesn't stop ****ing up) destroy some MAC or Division I FCS patsy to
open the 2011 season before the last three pictures are watermarked.
Let's see, that'll probably be about time for Ron English and Ypsitucky
Community College to make the nine-mile trip to the Big House again ... ;-)

--
Larry Harvilla
e-mail: larry AT phatpage DOT org
Old November 5th 09, 03:02 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 05:06:52 -0500, Larry Harvilla wrote:

>I'll probably be in Ann Arbor watching RichRod (or his successor, if he
>doesn't stop ****ing up) destroy some MAC or Division I FCS patsy to
>open the 2011 season before the last three pictures are watermarked.
>Let's see, that'll probably be about time for Ron English and Ypsitucky
>Community College to make the nine-mile trip to the Big House again ... ;-)

What conference is Appy State in?

And I resemble that "Ypsitucky" remark. My wife has an aunt and uncle who live
in Ypsilanti, and I had a cousin who lived there (his parents, my great aunt and
uncle, lived in Ann Arbor) and ...

Oh wait, now I see what you mean. Readin, 'ritin' and Route 23.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"
Old November 6th 09, 12:10 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Larry Harvilla

H.B. Elkins wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 05:06:52 -0500, Larry Harvilla wrote:
>
>> I'll probably be in Ann Arbor watching RichRod (or his successor, if he
>> doesn't stop ****ing up) destroy some MAC or Division I FCS patsy to
>> open the 2011 season before the last three pictures are watermarked.
>> Let's see, that'll probably be about time for Ron English and Ypsitucky
>> Community College to make the nine-mile trip to the Big House again ... ;-)

> What conference is Appy State in?
>
> And I resemble that "Ypsitucky" remark. My wife has an aunt and uncle who live
> in Ypsilanti, and I had a cousin who lived there (his parents, my great aunt and
> uncle, lived in Ann Arbor) and ...
>
> Oh wait, now I see what you mean. Readin, 'ritin' and Route 23.

Appalachian State is in the Southern Conference, in D-I FCS, but can
hardly be considered a patsy by any stretch of the imagination. At the
time of their upset of Michigan, they were the two-time defending
national champions of I-AA/FCS and had only lost once to I-AA/FCS
opposition in those two seasons. After beating Michigan, they would go
on to win their third straight FCS title that year, and they got to last
year's FCS semifinals before losing.

In looking back on it now, with the shock having worn off, I maintain
that App State's victory over Michigan proved that the Mountaineers can,
and perhaps ought to, be highly successful in at least a small-time FBS
conference. Sure, they would be no match for the SEC, but I could see
App State contending for a MAC or Sun Belt Conference championship quite
easily, were they to ever make such a move.

And Ypsitucky Community College is my pet name for Michigan AD Bill
"Moneybags" Martin's favorite biennial-or-thereabouts football opponent,
Eastern Michigan. It costs Moneybags Martin almost nothing to invite EMU
to the other side of 23; hell, the <strikethrough>Hurons</strikethrough>
Eagles can even board a bus the morning of the game. They get $400K,
Martin pockets the other $5M, and Blue only needs five more wins to
reach bowl eligibility. What a deal, eh? ;-)