Parking Brake light problem

Old October 18th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel[_3_]

Default Parking Brake light problem

Does anyone have a simple fix for the parking brake light coming on and off (and the brake is not engaged) - but mostly on. Is there a simple mechanical sensor switch that I can replace, or is this a major fix? Have a 1999 Dodge Caravan with the 3.0 V6 - with 112,000 miles on it.

Thanks,
Dan
Old October 18th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

"Daniel" > writes:

> Does anyone have a simple fix for the parking brake light coming on and off
> (and the brake is not engaged) - but mostly on. Is there a simple mechanical
> sensor switch that I can replace, or is this a major fix? Have a 1999 Dodge
> Caravan with the 3.0 V6 - with 112,000 miles on it.

Coincidentally, somebody asked almost exactly the same question the
other day. That isn't just a parking brake light, it's also a
general-purpose brake system status light, and it's telling you that
there is something wrong somewhere in your brake system (more
specifically, it's saying there's a lot more fluid being applied in
one half -- either front or back -- than the other). You need to take
it to a brake shop Now.
Old November 29th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article >,
"Daniel" > wrote:

> Does anyone have a simple fix for the parking brake light coming on and off
> (and the brake is not engaged) - but mostly on. Is there a simple mechanical
> sensor switch that I can replace, or is this a major fix? Have a 1999 Dodge
> Caravan with the 3.0 V6 - with 112,000 miles on it.

I'd check the brake fluid level.
Old November 29th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bret

"who" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Daniel" > wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a simple fix for the parking brake light coming on and
>> off
>> (and the brake is not engaged) - but mostly on. Is there a simple
>> mechanical
>> sensor switch that I can replace, or is this a major fix? Have a 1999
>> Dodge
>> Caravan with the 3.0 V6 - with 112,000 miles on it.

> I'd check the brake fluid level.

I also have a '99 caravan 3.0, and have had this happen 2 or 3 times. Always
the fix has been to check and top off the brake fluid. This has worked for
me every time.