Service engine light.

Old June 6th 09, 08:07 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Pegasus

Default Service engine light.

On a 96 Dodge minivan, the "service engine" light occasionaly "pops on",
each time it's a "false alarm" and it's reset. Mostly, it goes out on its
own.
Anyone else have a similar problem and if so, do you know causes it?
Any repair solution?
Thanks

Old June 17th 09, 11:10 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
George Ewart

WARNING: DO NOT TAKE IT TO A DODGE DEALER IN QUINCY IL.

Mine came on three years ago and after several thousand dollars, the light
is off and my vehicle still will not run right. But, the dealer said sorry.
Good-bye.

Old June 18th 09, 04:04 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:10:02 -0500, "George Ewart"
> wrote:

>WARNING: DO NOT TAKE IT TO A DODGE DEALER IN QUINCY IL.
>
>Mine came on three years ago and after several thousand dollars, the light
>is off and my vehicle still will not run right. But, the dealer said sorry.
>Good-bye.
>

>"Pegasus" > wrote in message
>> On a 96 Dodge minivan, the "service engine" light occasionaly "pops on",
>> each time it's a "false alarm" and it's reset. Mostly, it goes out on its
>> own.
>> Anyone else have a similar problem and if so, do you know causes it?
>> Any repair solution?
>> Thanks

Well, without knowing the code we don't have anything to go on - and
no way to know if it is really a "false alarm" or an intermittent
problem. Therefore there is no way to intelligently figure out either
a cause or cure. As for the malfunctioning vehicle in Quincy it
sounds like someone is a slow learner.
Old July 18th 11, 04:45 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:04:09 -0400, wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:10:02 -0500, "George Ewart"
> wrote:
>
>>WARNING: DO NOT TAKE IT TO A DODGE DEALER IN QUINCY IL.
>>
>>Mine came on three years ago and after several thousand dollars, the light
>>is off and my vehicle still will not run right. But, the dealer said sorry.
>>Good-bye.
>>

>>"Pegasus" > wrote in message
>>> On a 96 Dodge minivan, the "service engine" light occasionaly "pops on",
>>> each time it's a "false alarm" and it's reset. Mostly, it goes out on its
>>> own.
>>> Anyone else have a similar problem and if so, do you know causes it?
>>> Any repair solution?
>>> Thanks

>Well, without knowing the code we don't have anything to go on - and
>no way to know if it is really a "false alarm" or an intermittent
>problem. Therefore there is no way to intelligently figure out either
>a cause or cure. As for the malfunctioning vehicle in Quincy it
>sounds like someone is a slow learner.

As in my case when I had the check engine light looked at by a dealer
mechanic, it turned out that some of the emission lines were bad, dry
rot and the like and once replaced everything is fine now.