196x "Brezhnev-mobilis" Leonid Breznev's limousine left side angled.jpg

Old August 10th 07, 05:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
§qu@re Wheels[_6_]

Default 196x "Brezhnev-mobilis" Leonid Breznev's limousine left side angled.jpg

--
When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

-- Yogi Berra

Old August 10th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
§qu@re Wheels[_5_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig,
§qu@re Wheels is stating:

Looks suspiciously like a Mercord, a Fordcury, or something in-between.

Old August 10th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

On 9-Aug-2007, =?iso-8859-1?q?=A7qu=40re_Wheels?=
> wrote:

> Looks suspiciously like a Mercord, a Fordcury, or something in-between.

I think the Zil was inspired by, or directly taken from, '50s Packards.

--
Z~

Just another gallery: http://www.supercars.net/gallery/143302/1410/17.html

..

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 10th 07, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
David Moorman

In article <EWRui.46895$rX4.12555@pd7urf2no>,
§qu@re Wheels > wrote:

> On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig,
> §qu@re Wheels is stating:
>

> Looks suspiciously like a Mercord, a Fordcury, or something in-between.

55 Plymouth headlights and Cadillac grille/chrome.
Old August 10th 07, 07:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
Gene S. Park

Actually it looks like a derivative of a 55 or 56 Packard. Russian limos
from the 40s through to the 50s all were Packard copies. It was rumored that
during WWII, FDR had the tooling and body dies for the 42 Senior Series
Packards shipped off to Stalin because he admired Packards.

Old August 10th 07, 08:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Peter Dohm

"Zinc" > wrote in message

> On 9-Aug-2007, =?iso-8859-1?q?=A7qu=40re_Wheels?=
> > wrote:
>
> > Looks suspiciously like a Mercord, a Fordcury, or something in-between.

> I think the Zil was inspired by, or directly taken from, '50s Packards.
>
> --
> Z~

That was my thought as well--1956 Packard without the Ox Yoke.

Peter

Old August 10th 07, 09:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
MagisterMax

Too bad there's a little piece of chrome missing from the left side
moulding. I have a 1:43 scale model of this car and coincidentally it also
has a section of chrome missing from one side. Maybe that's how they came
from the factory after all.

Max

""§qu@re Wheels""
<mostly_harmless@pangalactic_vector_exchange_trans ponder31_universe.net>

Old August 10th 07, 06:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobile.pictures
§qu@re Wheels[_5_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig,
MagisterMax did state:

> Too bad there's a little piece of chrome missing from the left side
> moulding. I have a 1:43 scale model of this car and coincidentally it also
> has a section of chrome missing from one side. Maybe that's how they came
> from the factory after all.
>
> Max

I'd say an error like that would be Khrushchal to sales.

I would say that, but nobody else would stoop to those depths of bad
humour.....!

SW