Transmission Identification- 1976 Mercedes Benz 280C Coupe

Old December 4th 05, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default Transmission Identification- 1976 Mercedes Benz 280C Coupe

Transmission Identification- 1976 Mercedes Benz 280C Coupe

How can I tell which automatic transmission I have?

Preferrably without climbing under the car. It's getting too cold and wet here in Chicago.

I have seen parts list for tow different models on maximumautoparts.com. Major parts differences I have noted from images listed there are clutch sizes and plastic vs.metal modulators.

MC

BTW: Never mix beer, eBay, and Paypal at the same time. That's how I got this car. Although the "Capitalist Oppressor" bumper sticker is appreciated.

Old February 3rd 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

>>reference it, using the VIN number.
Thanks for the tip,
assuming original parts that would just fine.

But,
I was looking for way of doing a visual identification.
I should clarify...

Being an old car,
how can I tell I have the original model transmission?

Could it have been changed
with a bolt-in swap having different internals?

30 year old cars are full of suprises like that.

MC

"MC1" > wrote in message t...
Transmission Identification- 1976 Mercedes Benz 280C Coupe

How can I tell which automatic transmission I have?

Preferrably without climbing under the car. It's getting too cold and wet here in Chicago.

I have seen parts list for tow different models on maximumautoparts.com. Major parts differences I have noted from images listed there are clutch sizes and plastic vs.metal modulators.

MC

BTW: Never mix beer, eBay, and Paypal at the same time. That's how I got this car. Although the "Capitalist Oppressor" bumper sticker is appreciated.

Virus Database (VPS): 0605-4, 02/01/2006
Tested on: 2/2/2006 11:42:14 PM