E36 accelerator pedal

Old July 3rd 05, 11:00 PM
Tom Allen

Default E36 accelerator pedal

I have a 96 328i......5 speed manual......

Under the gas pedal there is a bolt sticking out of the
floorboard. If I screw that bolt in tighter, might I end up
with more acceleration....or am I going to be putting strain
on the linkage to the fuel system?

My guess is the latter and I shouldn't mess with the bolt....

But I thought I'd ask. Any thoughts?

Tom Allen
Old July 4th 05, 12:20 AM
Dan Krueger

Each turn will yield an extra 25 mph on the top end and the acceleration
will increase by about 1/2 second 0-60. Tighten it all of the way and
your 328i will run over 175 MPH and hit 60MPH in less than 4 seconds!
This is a huse secret and I can't believe you found it! Keep this to
yourself...

Old July 4th 05, 12:26 AM
Tom K.

"Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Each turn will yield an extra 25 mph on the top end and the acceleration
> will increase by about 1/2 second 0-60. Tighten it all of the way and
> your 328i will run over 175 MPH and hit 60MPH in less than 4 seconds! This
> is a huse secret and I can't believe you found it! Keep this to
> yourself...

But everyone knows it only works if you paint additional numbers on the
speedometer....

Tom K.

Old July 4th 05, 12:36 AM
Tom Allen

Tom K. wrote:

> "Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>
>>Each turn will yield an extra 25 mph on the top end and the acceleration
>>will increase by about 1/2 second 0-60. Tighten it all of the way and
>>your 328i will run over 175 MPH and hit 60MPH in less than 4 seconds! This
>>is a huse secret and I can't believe you found it! Keep this to
>>yourself...

> But everyone knows it only works if you paint additional numbers on the
> speedometer....
>
> Tom K.
>

>>Tom Allen wrote:
>>

>>>I have a 96 328i......5 speed manual......
>>>
>>>Under the gas pedal there is a bolt sticking out of the floorboard. If I
>>>screw that bolt in tighter, might I end up with more acceleration....or
>>>am I going to be putting strain on the linkage to the fuel system?
>>>
>>>My guess is the latter and I shouldn't mess with the bolt....
>>>
>>>But I thought I'd ask. Any thoughts?
>>>
>>>Tom Allen

That's what I thought.....don't mess with it.

Thanks.

Tom
Old July 4th 05, 01:03 AM
Dan Krueger

Shhhh!

Old July 4th 05, 06:48 PM
Pierre

I did it on my Z3 3.0i and I won 33 mph but I had to stick the //M Badge on
the rear.

. net...

Old July 6th 05, 12:13 AM
Jeff Strickland