Hey Florida VW owners, A Oil ?

Old March 6th 05, 03:59 PM
T & L

Default Hey Florida VW owners, A Oil ?

I have a 1966 bug nearly stock 1600 motor I had shipped here Vero Beach ,FL
from Washington state .
Most cars here are running 10-30 oil when doing an oil change what are we
using down in the south here?

Thanks Tony
1966 1300 Beetle restored and a show winner
1960 singlecab needs to be restored runs in WA. possably for sale very
little rust .

remove nospam to reply

Old March 6th 05, 05:18 PM
Jan Andersson

T & L wrote:

> I have a 1966 bug nearly stock 1600 motor I had shipped here Vero Beach ,FL
> from Washington state .
> Most cars here are running 10-30 oil when doing an oil change what are we
> using down in the south here?

20W50
Some decent brand.
Valvoline Racing works for me.

Jan
Old March 6th 05, 05:49 PM
jjs

15w/50 Mobil-1

Old March 6th 05, 07:22 PM
T & L

Thanks ! The waterpumpers are using 10-30
so 20/50 would be the choice for aircooled ?
That is what I used in California .

Tony

Old March 12th 05, 01:45 AM

T & L wrote:
> Thanks ! The waterpumpers are using 10-30
> so 20/50 would be the choice for aircooled ?
> That is what I used in California .
>
> Tony
>
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> >T & L wrote:
> >>
> >> I have a 1966 bug nearly stock 1600 motor I had shipped here Vero

Beach
> >> ,FL
> >> from Washington state .
> >> Most cars here are running 10-30 oil when doing an oil change what

are we
> >> using down in the south here?

> > 20W50

Once I used 20 w50 in cold weather.
When I started my '73 beetle, the oil filter imploded and mad a big
oily mess on the driveway.
Also the oil cooler started leaking at the oil seals.
I think it was because of the cold thick oil.
So, in Winter, I use Castrol 10 w40.
Actually, in cold weather I use one quart synthetic Castrol 10 w40 and
1 3/4 quarts conventional Castrol 10 w40, plus about 4 ounces of Marvel
Mystery oil.
In warmer weather I will use Castrol 20 w50.

Old March 15th 05, 12:57 AM
T & L

Here in east central Florida it hardly gets cold maybe down to the mid 40's
for a few days at a time in the winter .
But then I am driving the Cabrio waterpumper .

Tony

ups.com...