TT Gotchas?

Old August 15th 07, 05:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

Default TT Gotchas?

I'm planning on buying a used TT within the next few months. I
want the coupe, 225HP, Quatro.

Is there anything specific I should be watching out for?
--

Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old August 15th 07, 06:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Gerky Gatzos

MY TT IS SWEET EXCEPT FOR A FEW THINGS 1 THE GEAR SHIFT DONT WORK AND B. IF
YOU DRIVE IT FOR VERY LONG THE ENGINE HEATS UP AND IT SMELLS REAL BAD BUT
OTHER THAN THAT ITS A SICK RIDE

Old August 16th 07, 07:14 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Miguel De Anda

Steve Daniels wrote:

> I'm planning on buying a used TT within the next few months. I
> want the coupe, 225HP, Quatro.
>
> Is there anything specific I should be watching out for?

speeding tickets.

Old August 16th 07, 11:40 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
LeakiestWink

"Steve Daniels" > wrote in message

> I'm planning on buying a used TT within the next few months. I
> want the coupe, 225HP, Quatro.
>
> Is there anything specific I should be watching out for?

Apart from the usual accident damage, and general neglect some
owners seem to display - one of the important issues are a
compete service history. The other is to ensure that ONLY the
correct specification of VW approved fully synthetic oil has been
used.

HTH

--

Sean
'07 Audi B7 RS4, '06 Golf V GTI 2.0T FSI DSG, '03 Audi B6 S4 v8

Old August 16th 07, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:36:26 -0700, Steve Daniels >
wrote:

>I'm planning on buying a used TT within the next few months. I
>want the coupe, 225HP, Quatro.
>
>Is there anything specific I should be watching out for?

Ignore what Gerky Gatzoz has to say. He is a spammer that has haunted
this newsgroup for awhile. Ignore him.

I've been driving Audis for more than 20 years and everyone I have
owned has served me wonderfully. There are several TTs in the club I
belong to and all are happy with their cars.

Dave
RS6

Old August 17th 07, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:14:39 -0700, against all advice, something
compelled Miguel De Anda >, to say:

> Steve Daniels wrote:
>

> > I'm planning on buying a used TT within the next few months. I
> > want the coupe, 225HP, Quatro.
> >
> > Is there anything specific I should be watching out for?

> speeding tickets.

Watch out for the cops, and the speeding tickets will take care
of themselves.

--
Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old August 17th 07, 12:52 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:40:34 +0100, against all advice, something
compelled "LeakiestWink" >, to
say:

> "Steve Daniels" > wrote in message
> >

> > I'm planning on buying a used TT within the next few months. I
> > want the coupe, 225HP, Quatro.
> >
> > Is there anything specific I should be watching out for?

> Apart from the usual accident damage, and general neglect some
> owners seem to display - one of the important issues are a
> compete service history. The other is to ensure that ONLY the
> correct specification of VW approved fully synthetic oil has been
> used.
>
> HTH

It does, thank you. I hear of a sludge issue with the 1.8T. How
does one go about discovering if an engine has it?

--
Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old August 17th 07, 12:55 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:05:43 -0400, against all advice, something
compelled Dave LaCourse >, to say:

> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:36:26 -0700, Steve Daniels >
> wrote:
>

> >I'm planning on buying a used TT within the next few months. I
> >want the coupe, 225HP, Quatro.
> >
> >Is there anything specific I should be watching out for?

> Ignore what Gerky Gatzoz has to say. He is a spammer that has haunted
> this newsgroup for awhile. Ignore him.

Yeah, that was pretty obvious. I've been lurking here for a
while.

> I've been driving Audis for more than 20 years and everyone I have
> owned has served me wonderfully. There are several TTs in the club I
> belong to and all are happy with their cars.

I'll probably start looking in earnest come January, unless some
killer deal just jumps out and grabs me by the face.

--
Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old August 17th 07, 12:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
cnews

"Steve Daniels" > wrote in message
> I'll probably start looking in earnest come January, unless some
> killer deal just jumps out and grabs me by the face.

If you are going to buy from a dealer mid December is a good time as they
will be doing bugger all other business and may be more desperate for a sale

HTH

Old August 17th 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:52:55 +0100, against all advice, something
compelled "cnews" >, to say:

> "Steve Daniels" > wrote in message
> > I'll probably start looking in earnest come January, unless some
> > killer deal just jumps out and grabs me by the face.

> If you are going to buy from a dealer mid December is a good time as they
> will be doing bugger all other business and may be more desperate for a sale

It's a good strategy generally, but around here the Audi dealers
have a Take It or Leave It attitude. Now if I wanted a Miata . .
..

--
Life is too short to play cheap guitars.