Which Vag-Com?

Old August 22nd 07, 04:06 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

Default Which Vag-Com?

"Bart Oleksy" > wrote in message
.. .
> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> You have to activate the ross-tech.com software for $99! That fee can be
>> applied to buying their adapter also. 8^)

> Oh, and this isn't quite true. For FREE, you get a limited version of the
> software. Differences are listed here on this chart:
>
> http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html
>
> Bart

You are right! The "shareware" version can be used free, but shareware is
not supposed to be "free". If you like it then you are supposed to buy it.
;-)
AND you get what you pay for! lol

AFAIK
The "FREE" but very limited shareware is allowed so that people can see if
their adapters work before buying it.
So you don't have to activate it.........but it really limits that software
like putting a potato in the tailpipe! lol
The other poster was indicating that the limited version was frustrating him
and I recommended that he will need to activate the software to "unlock" its
capabilities! ;-)

Pasting some of the message I was originally replying to, that got deleted:
">> When they say their shareware software has "limited" ability to "Read
>> fault codes" - is it so limited that I'll curse it every time a light
>> comes on the dash [like the ABS light that is now on the 97 Cabrio]
>> or will it just not have some exotic stuff that I'd end up going to
>> the dealer for anyway?"

JMHO

--
later,