1999 A6 Oil Light - Can the servicer set frequencies

Old August 28th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
... /\\/\\ i k e

Default 1999 A6 Oil Light - Can the servicer set frequencies

I recently stopped taking my 99 A6 to the dealer, and started taking it to
an independent. I got a tuneup and oil change at about 91,000 miles. Its
been 10,000 miles, and the oil and service lights have just come on.
(The oil light used to go on after about 7,500 miles).
Is that something that my independent folks may have set to go off after
10,000 miles (instead of 7,500).
Can they also set when the service light goes on?
Looking to understand when these lights come on.

On a semi related note, my Check Engine lkight is now on. The local parts
store told me it was a P0506 - low rpm indicator. Any thoughts?

Thanks...
....Mike

Old August 28th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bruce W. Ellis

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:35:39 -0400, "... /\\/\\ i k e"
> wrote:

>I recently stopped taking my 99 A6 to the dealer, and started taking it to
>an independent. I got a tuneup and oil change at about 91,000 miles. Its
>been 10,000 miles, and the oil and service lights have just come on.
>(The oil light used to go on after about 7,500 miles).
>Is that something that my independent folks may have set to go off after
>10,000 miles (instead of 7,500).
>Can they also set when the service light goes on?
>Looking to understand when these lights come on.
>
>On a semi related note, my Check Engine lkight is now on. The local parts
>store told me it was a P0506 - low rpm indicator. Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks...
>...Mike

I change oil(Mobil 1) and filter myself. The only mildly difficult
part is getting the splash shield back on. I turn the reminder off
using the procedure in the manual and keep my own service log.
Old August 28th 07, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony[_1_]

.... /\/\ i k e wrote:
> I recently stopped taking my 99 A6 to the dealer, and started taking it to
> an independent. I got a tuneup and oil change at about 91,000 miles. Its
> been 10,000 miles, and the oil and service lights have just come on.
> (The oil light used to go on after about 7,500 miles).
> Is that something that my independent folks may have set to go off after
> 10,000 miles (instead of 7,500).
> Can they also set when the service light goes on?
> Looking to understand when these lights come on.
>
> On a semi related note, my Check Engine lkight is now on. The local parts
> store told me it was a P0506 - low rpm indicator. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks...
> ...Mike

Any service with a VAG software should be able to set the intervals.

I would think that you would have other codes to suggest the cause of
the P0506. Without more to go on I would suspect the throttle position
sensor. I don't think that you have DBW electronic throttle control but
if you do you might try the procedure to reset the throttle body, its in
the owners manual.

How to replace tail light on 1999 BMW 323i? [email protected] BMW 1 August 3rd 07 05:11 AM
Engine light on 1999 1.8 T amado Audi 5 June 25th 07 04:00 AM
1999 UK Explorer - warning light [email protected] Ford Explorer 2 January 29th 07 02:56 PM
How to convert to European FM frequencies? Peter Chrysler 16 May 2nd 05 03:44 PM
HELP - A4 TDi (1999) - Air Bag Light Luka Audi 1 October 15th 04 04:21 PM