AUDI 90 - Exhaust Raddle LOUD Help!

Old August 24th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Erik[_3_]

Default AUDI 90 - Exhaust Raddle LOUD Help!

Hi,

On a cold start, I got under the car and in the first 10 seconds (so I
didn't burn my hands off) I felt the exhaust chamber under the car
(not the pipe).. I swear is sounds like there is something IN it,
raddling around.

I had a similar experience, which was resolved here thanks!, where it
was the heat plate being loose, but I can't find any missing bolts on
the heat plate.

Could I be missing brackets the keep the exaust in place?
Can anything actually get in there??? Doubt.

Thanks for your help

Erik

Old August 24th 07, 06:46 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

On Aug 24, 12:51 pm, Erik > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a cold start, I got under the car and in the first 10 seconds (so I
> didn't burn my hands off) I felt the exhaust chamber under the car
> (not the pipe).. I swear is sounds like there is something IN it,
> raddling around.
>
> I had a similar experience, which was resolved here thanks!, where it
> was the heat plate being loose, but I can't find any missing bolts on
> the heat plate.
>
> Could I be missing brackets the keep the exaust in place?
> Can anything actually get in there??? Doubt.

Insides of the catalytic converter can certainly break up, causing a
'rattle'. Not sure about a 'raddle', though.... ;-)

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old August 24th 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
miguelito

In article . com>,
Erik > wrote:

> On a cold start, I got under the car and in the first 10 seconds (so I
> didn't burn my hands off) I felt the exhaust chamber under the car
> (not the pipe).. I swear is sounds like there is something IN it,
> raddling around.

You should probably wait for a more authoritative answer, but my guess
is..

1) the internals of the catalytic converter are rattling around until
they come up to operating temp, and

2) don't worry about it.

miguelito
Old August 24th 07, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Erik[_3_]

Thank both. It is definately something inside, no doubt. It does not
go away have it heats up. So I'm hoping this is not a replacement :-
S, do you think I can take it out and open it out. or no way?

thanks

erik

98 Camry Flex exhaust pipe cracked/ loud exhuast noise [email protected] Technology 4 November 16th 06 07:09 PM
Audi 90 Exhaust Yaker Audi 0 September 20th 06 08:57 PM
Raddle Trap Ron Saturn 1 February 21st 06 11:46 AM
98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Exhaust Problems NV_BC Audi 6 June 1st 05 05:55 PM
2000 Town Country Engine pulley raddle govt2005 Chrysler 0 May 27th 05 05:36 PM