iracing news

Old December 7th 05, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default iracing news

>Again, it sounds like you've dismissed everything else wayyyy too quickly.

Actually he's given them more of a shot then this canuck, with the
exception of LFS S2 most of the other tittles go like this for me:

Step 1) Ng or RSC posts: Just wait until Brand X is out, Brand X will
solve all the problems and fix every issue you've ever had about
Simracing, throw away everything else Brand X is it! The guys who
developed Brand X are the only programmers to have ever seen a race
car.

long period of screen shots and demos, interjected with equal parts of
uninformed pro-Brand X hype and anti-Brand X fatwas.

Brand X is released.

Ng or RSC posts: Brand X is great, I've thrown away all my other
sims, the way the rear diff is modeled is a breaktrough. NO! Brand X
has fatal flaws, you have to rub your head and pat your stomach to
install it, and no way a 1971 GTO would react like that when it hit an
orange cone because my granddad hit one once and I've got photos to
prove the developers copied the code from a Commadore 64.

Brand X 1.1 patches come out, meanwhile rumours of Brand Y version 2
and Brand Z mod surfacing.

Ng or RSC posts: OK Brand X wasn't great but they've fixed it all
with 1.1 and now it's even better then great. You still have to pat
your head to install it and I won't do that. Forget Brand X, Brand
Z is what you should be running.

Visit to brand X website, maybe download a demo, see that it's
minimum requirements are beyond my current PC, I start planning my
upgrades.

Ask regular internet racing buddies: Yes I've installed it, it's
certainly interesting but either there's no tracks, or no online play
or no damage model, or something's odd when you rev between 4-6k.

Brand Z demo released.....

Return to step 1 and repeat.

Meanwhile I play the waiting game and play what works today with the
machine I've got and the guys I race with, they just happen to both
be Papy tittles. Neither are perfect but neither has been
definatively replaced either.

Old December 7th 05, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"mcewena" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> >Again, it sounds like you've dismissed everything else wayyyy too
> >quickly.

Snippo

> Brand X 1.1 patches come out, meanwhile rumours of Brand Y version 2
> and Brand Z mod surfacing.

snip again

See? Now there's your problem. You're working off the wrong end of the
alphabet. Brand "A", now that is *the* one

Dave the helpful

Old December 8th 05, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Meanwhile I play the waiting game and play what works today with the
> machine I've got and the guys I race with, they just happen to both
> be Papy tittles. Neither are perfect but neither has been
> definatively replaced either.

Well, if iracing come up with decent tire & suspension modelling and proper
physics that actually react to the polygons in front of me instead of some
hiiden mathematics then I'll be kicking Brand X, Y & Z to the kerb too.

Old December 8th 05, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Okay when I go back to my 25 year High School reunion in a couple of years
I'll hunt down my Social teacher, if he's still alive, and kick his ass.
Here I finally thought something I learned in school was useful.

oups.com...

Old December 8th 05, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in message
>> Meanwhile I play the waiting game and play what works today with the
>> machine I've got and the guys I race with, they just happen to both
>> be Papy tittles. Neither are perfect but neither has been
>> definatively replaced either.

> Well, if iracing come up with decent tire & suspension modelling and
> proper physics that actually react to the polygons in front of me instead
> of some hiiden mathematics then I'll be kicking Brand X, Y & Z to the kerb
> too.

Pardon me if I sound like a broken record here, Steve, but could you
elaborate on what you find mathematically wrong with the tire and suspension
models in NR2003? Thanks.

SB-off to find some polygons on the drive to work!

Old December 8th 05, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>Well, if iracing come up with decent tire & suspension modelling and proper
>physics that actually react to the polygons in front of me instead of some
>hiiden mathematics

Don't hold your breath.

The polygons are the visual representation of the results of the tire &
suspension movement that is the results of the physics model. They
are the tail and the physics model is the dog.

Old December 14th 05, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Hmmmm... An NSR affectionado

-Larry

oups.com...