'04 Dome Light

Old September 19th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Vic Dura

Default '04 Dome Light

I have an '04 Mustang v6 (40th Anniv Edition) with the dome (not the
map) light stuck on. This is the light that come on when a door is
opened and should turn off a few seconds after the door closes.

The first thing I wanted to check is the door switch, but I can't find
it. Does anyone know where it is or how the door actuates the light?

Thanks for any help.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
Old September 19th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Vic Dura > wrote:

> I have an '04 Mustang v6 (40th Anniv Edition) with the dome (not the
> map) light stuck on. This is the light that come on when a door is
> opened and should turn off a few seconds after the door closes.
>
> The first thing I wanted to check is the door switch, but I can't find
> it. Does anyone know where it is or how the door actuates the light?
>
> Thanks for any help.

First I've seen complaint of this on a Mustang, Ford has used a Switch assy
on latch to operate entry lites
WD40 with tube on... spray liberally into and past door lock mechanism.
Work latch many times.

Please report back.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old September 19th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Vic Dura

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:32:29 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> wrote Re '04 Dome Light:

>Vic Dura > wrote:
>
>> I have an '04 Mustang v6 (40th Anniv Edition) with the dome (not the
>> map) light stuck on. This is the light that come on when a door is
>> opened and should turn off a few seconds after the door closes.
>>
>> The first thing I wanted to check is the door switch, but I can't find
>> it. Does anyone know where it is or how the door actuates the light?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

>First I've seen complaint of this on a Mustang, Ford has used a Switch assy
>on latch to operate entry lites
>WD40 with tube on... spray liberally into and past door lock mechanism.
>Work latch many times.
>
>Please report back.

Thanks. I'll try it toninght and let you know how it worked.

Regards,
Vic Dura
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
Old September 20th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Vic Dura

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:43:45 -0500, Vic Dura
> wrote Re '04 Dome Light:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:32:29 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> wrote Re '04 Dome Light:
>
>>Vic Dura > wrote:
>>
>>> I have an '04 Mustang v6 (40th Anniv Edition) with the dome (not the
>>> map) light stuck on. This is the light that come on when a door is
>>> opened and should turn off a few seconds after the door closes.
>>>
>>> The first thing I wanted to check is the door switch, but I can't find
>>> it. Does anyone know where it is or how the door actuates the light?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.

>>First I've seen complaint of this on a Mustang, Ford has used a Switch assy
>>on latch to operate entry lites
>>WD40 with tube on... spray liberally into and past door lock mechanism.
>>Work latch many times.
>>
>>Please report back.

>Thanks. I'll try it toninght and let you know how it worked.

Well, it didn't work because the door switch wasn't the problem.

My wife (it's her car) had the headlight/dash switch turned fully
counter-clockwise, which turns on the dome light permantly.

At least now the door locks are well lubricated.

Thanks for the suggestion BackYard.

Regards,
Vic Dura
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
Old September 20th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Default '04 Dome Light -ALWAYS CHECK that light switch!

Vic Dura > wrote:

> My wife (it's her car) had the headlight/dash switch turned fully
> counter-clockwise, which turns on the dome light permantly.
>
> At least now the door locks are well lubricated.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion BackYard.

Groan.... not the FIRST time the OBVIOUS has been overlooked for this
problem.

My fault more than yours, and for that reason!

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old September 20th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_1_]

Vic Dura wrote:

> I have an '04 Mustang v6 (40th Anniv Edition) with the dome (not the
> map) light stuck on. This is the light that come on when a door is
> opened and should turn off a few seconds after the door closes.
>
> The first thing I wanted to check is the door switch, but I can't find
> it. Does anyone know where it is or how the door actuates the light?
>
> Thanks for any help.

The first thing I would check is the bulb. Always start with the simple stuff.

--
..boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Honda CRV 2002 dome light problem Kim Honda 2 January 20th 06 10:36 PM
Poorly setup stop light Paul Driving 7 May 19th 05 10:25 PM
2002 Ford Explorer Dome Light and Charger memphis Ford Explorer 2 May 7th 05 09:49 PM
The real reason for opposition to red light cameras K Smythe Driving 39 May 3rd 05 03:53 PM
electrically stupid BDragon Corvette 32 February 6th 05 08:14 AM