Failing battery

Old December 19th 09, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

Default Failing battery

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dave Savage > wrote:
>

> You'll be pleased to know that Halfrauds refuse to fit batteries to
> Sillyspeed cars.
> --
> SteveH

Why ?

Old December 20th 09, 08:55 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"Dave Savage" > wrote in message

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Dave Savage > wrote:
>>

>> You'll be pleased to know that Halfrauds refuse to fit batteries to
>> Sillyspeed cars.
>> --
>> SteveH

> Why ?

Sorry - what I meant was : "Why do Halfrauds refuse", rather than "Why am I
pleased".

Any clearer ?

Dave S....

Old December 20th 09, 04:36 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Dave Savage > wrote:

> "Dave Savage" > wrote in message
> >
> > "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> >> Dave Savage > wrote:
> >>

> >> You'll be pleased to know that Halfrauds refuse to fit batteries to
> >> Sillyspeed cars.
> >> --
> >> SteveH

> > Why ?
> >

> Sorry - what I meant was : "Why do Halfrauds refuse", rather than "Why am I
> pleased".
>
> Any clearer ?

Heh.

It's because the Sillyspeed has a box of tricks mounted directly to the
+ve terminal.

It's actually no harder to change than any other battery - but 'computer
says no!'

--
SteveH
Old December 23rd 09, 10:39 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dave Savage > wrote:
>
>> "Dave Savage" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "SteveH" > wrote in message
>> > .. .

>> > Why ?
>> >

>> Sorry - what I meant was : "Why do Halfrauds refuse", rather than "Why am
>> pleased".
>>
>> Any clearer ?

> Heh.
>
> It's because the Sillyspeed has a box of tricks mounted directly to the
> +ve terminal.
>
> It's actually no harder to change than any other battery - but 'computer
> says no!'

My JTS has that too - fuses and a couple of wires going places, all attached
to the +ve. I just used a spanner through the carefully designed hole and
untightened the nut holding everything onto the +ve terminal and the whole
lot came away in one (after I broke the silly little plastic catch that was
holding it in place).

Old December 23rd 09, 04:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"Dave Emerson" > wrote in message

> "GT" > wrote in message
>> "GT" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Got one. Numax. A budget battery, but more power than the one it has
>>> replaced! Cost £42 + 10 delivery. Arrived fully charged, fitted no
>>> bother. The air pipe was almost in the way, but shuffled past it OK.

>> Forgot to say - 4 year warranty.
>>

> IIRC that was the one I suggested from the start.

Indeedy doodle!