159 Diesel

Old October 25th 09, 03:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

Default 159 Diesel

Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner, what does the group think of this motor
and how significant are the differences between the the 1.9 and the 2.4?
TonyB

Old October 25th 09, 04:34 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Emerson

"TonyB" > wrote in message
> Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner, what does the group think of this
> motor
> and how significant are the differences between the the 1.9 and the 2.4?

~500cc

--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Old October 25th 09, 05:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Dave Emerson > wrote:

> "TonyB" > wrote in message
> > Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner, what does the group think of this
> > motor
> > and how significant are the differences between the the 1.9 and the 2.4?

> ~500cc

and 1 cylinder.
Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit
Old October 25th 09, 06:50 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_32_]

SteveH wrote:
> Dave Emerson > wrote:
>
>> "TonyB" > wrote in message
>>> Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner, what does the group think of this
>>> motor
>>> and how significant are the differences between the the 1.9 and the 2.4?

>> ~500cc

> and 1 cylinder.

And nothing much else apart from a nicer sound and heavier fuel bill.

I MUCH prefer the 2.4 5 cylinder from a sensory point of view but, as
the vast majority of the time that is of little importance, I would (and
did) go for the 1.9. But, try them both and make up your own mind?? You
may not be as tight fisted as me!!
Old October 26th 09, 12:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Simon Mason

"TonyB" > wrote in message
> Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner, what does the group think of this
> motor
> and how significant are the differences between the the 1.9 and the 2.4?
> TonyB

I've had a 2.2 JTS for about 5 weeks and get 25 mpg out of it, so getting a
diesel makes sense there, but I didn't get one as I was afraid of the wrong
fuel going in.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old October 26th 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
. uk...

> "TonyB" > wrote in message
>> Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner, what does the group think of this
>> motor
>> and how significant are the differences between the the 1.9 and the 2.4?
>> TonyB

> I've had a 2.2 JTS for about 5 weeks and get 25 mpg out of it

ouch!

2.0JTS = average of 37mpg.

Old October 27th 09, 02:14 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
J.D.[_2_]

"TonyB" > wrote in message
> Thinking of buying a 159 oil burner, what does the group think of this
> motor
> and how significant are the differences between the the 1.9 and the 2.4?
> TonyB

I was driving 1.9 for about 1/2 hour and was pretty
impressed. I could say I don't need better than that.
But now it happened that I have 159 2.4 210 HP.
It is my 7th AR, first diesel and I can only say:
this is fantastic motor. Really fantastic!
I can't tell much about differences because 1/2 hour
with 1.9 is not enough and, to be honest, I don't
remember details. In my opinion 2.4 is class above.
After all it depends of your own needs and preferences.
And money, of course.