warrantee q

Old May 11th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default warrantee q

Sis just bought a new Odyssey. Comes with 36mo/60kmile. Worth $1600 to
go 6yr/100k?

Old May 11th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On May 11, 12:42 pm, wrote:
> Sis just bought a new Odyssey. Comes with 36mo/60kmile. Worth $1600 to
> go 6yr/100k?

Warranty Direct offers "bumper to bumper" 6yr/100K for about $1000
with a $100 deductible. Lots of independent mechanics can use Warranty
Direct, you are not tied to Honda dealers.

But, IMHO, she'd be better off paying for a roadside service plan
(flat tires, dead battery, etc), adding towing and rental car riders
to her auto insurance policy and putting the remainder into some
investment.

Old May 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On May 11, 11:42 am, wrote:
> Sis just bought a new Odyssey. Comes with 36mo/60kmile. Worth $1600 to
> go 6yr/100k?

Ody's were redesigned in 05, 06? I haven't seen any long-term "watch"
items for the newer model yet. Still too new?

Old May 11th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Eye In The Sky

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Sis just bought a new Odyssey. Comes with 36mo/60kmile. Worth $1600 to
> go 6yr/100k?

Hell no.

For one, I think there's already an extended Honda drive train warranty
beyond the bumper to bumper coverage you mentioned.

Tell her to take the $1600, put it in a good mutual fund and in the unlikely
event the bus needs significant repairs after the Honda warranty period, pay
for them with the capital gains on the mutual fund.

Now if it was a Ford or GM vehicle, I'd probably have different advice;-)

Old May 13th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

On the internet you can buy a zero deductible 120k 8 year Honda Care service
agreement for around $1200 so your deal is not worth it. Search using
www.google.com and make sure it is official honda agreement. 3rd parties can
go out of business. Is any worth buying? If you sell the care before the
service agreement is over you will probably get a lot more money for it so
it could easily pay for itself.

ups.com...