Blowers - which one?

Old January 17th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

Default Blowers - which one?

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> BradandBrooks wrote:

>>> Hook-up, as in like launching off the line?
>>> There's of chassis and drive train work to do yet.
>>> Also, doesn't you motor have hypereutectic pistons? They tend to break
>>> easily under detonation. A good tune will keep you out of that.
>>>

>> To get traction... the low rpm power seems like it would just break the
>> tires loose constantly.

> I have a Kenne Bell on my 89 LX. The throttle response is fantastic with
> a twin screw blower and very controllable. It is no different than
> running a high revving big block engine.

Okay.... never ridden in one of those before. I am going to look into it.
Thanks.

Brad

Old January 17th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

BradandBrooks wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> BradandBrooks wrote:

>>> To get traction... the low rpm power seems like it would just break the
>>> tires loose constantly.

>> I have a Kenne Bell on my 89 LX. The throttle response is fantastic with
>> a twin screw blower and very controllable. It is no different than
>> running a high revving big block engine.

> Okay.... never ridden in one of those before. I am going to look into it.
> Thanks.

With a Kenne Bell your car will drive the same as it does now except
your torque curve will raise 100-150 ft-lbs across the entire rpm range.
I like them because they deliver a substantial performance gain at all
rpm levels and not just above 4500-5000 rpm like a centrifugal. The
reason for this is that a twin screw blower will make its full rated
boost amount from rpm to redline whereas the boost made by a centrifugal
is dependent on the rpm rate.

If you have any questions about the KB setup on a 5.0L ask away. I know
quite a bit about getting the most from these kits. I have run mine all
the way up to 16 psi of boost.
Old January 18th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> BradandBrooks wrote:

>>> I have a Kenne Bell on my 89 LX. The throttle response is fantastic
>>> with a twin screw blower and very controllable. It is no different than
>>> running a high revving big block engine.

>> Okay.... never ridden in one of those before. I am going to look into it.
>> Thanks.

> With a Kenne Bell your car will drive the same as it does now except your
> torque curve will raise 100-150 ft-lbs across the entire rpm range. I like
> them because they deliver a substantial performance gain at all rpm levels
> and not just above 4500-5000 rpm like a centrifugal. The reason for this
> is that a twin screw blower will make its full rated boost amount from rpm
> to redline whereas the boost made by a centrifugal is dependent on the rpm
> rate.
>
> If you have any questions about the KB setup on a 5.0L ask away. I know
> quite a bit about getting the most from these kits. I have run mine all
> the way up to 16 psi of boost.

Hi, thanks for the info. No, no questions at this time... but let me look
and I'm sure I'll be back.

Brad

Old January 21st 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Are you the Michael Johnson who was/is looking for his father in
Bowling Green, Kentucky??? Charles M. Johnson III???? This man is my
father-in-law. Please email me at .

Old January 21st 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

On the odd chance this is a legitimate post, I'm not the person you are
looking for. My father died many years ago and his name wasn't Charles.
Sorry.

.

Old January 21st 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

Michael Johnson wrote:
> On the odd chance this is a legitimate post, I'm not the person you are
> looking for. My father died many years ago and his name wasn't Charles.
> Sorry.
>
> wrote:
>> Are you the Michael Johnson who was/is looking for his father in
>> Bowling Green, Kentucky??? Charles M. Johnson III???? This man is my
>> father-in-law. Please email me at
.

Dude, your long lost ex-wife??? LOL!

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old January 21st 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

This was a legitimate post and I do know that there are several million
Michael Johnson's in the world. The Michael Johnson I am looking for
has posted on here, I was just trying to get someone's attention and I
did. Thanks for all who responded.