Someone broke the glass out of my 93 GT

Old January 19th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnV@nn

Default Someone broke the glass out of my 93 GT

Happened some time Wednesday night. Driver glass shattered, stuff from
the pod was pulled out and lying in the seat, including registration
card and garage door opener. However, as far as I can tell nothing was
taken from the car. There were 2 pairs of sunglasses, CDs, a plastic
cup full of quarters, a pretty nice stereo, flashlight, etc.

They also took the opportunity to open the garage door, as it was open
when we got up Thurs. morning. But again, it doesn't appear anything
was stolen.

If anyone has advice for replacing the door glass, I could use it.

Thanks,
John

Old January 19th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"JohnV@nn" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Happened some time Wednesday night. Driver glass shattered, stuff from
> the pod was pulled out and lying in the seat, including registration
> card and garage door opener. However, as far as I can tell nothing was
> taken from the car. There were 2 pairs of sunglasses, CDs, a plastic
> cup full of quarters, a pretty nice stereo, flashlight, etc.
>
> They also took the opportunity to open the garage door, as it was open
> when we got up Thurs. morning. But again, it doesn't appear anything
> was stolen.
>
> If anyone has advice for replacing the door glass, I could use it.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Any auto glass shop can install a new door glass in your 93 mustang for you.
Unless you have the giant rivets and rivet gun required, I would stay away
from the do it yourself method...

Old January 20th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnV@nn

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
> "JohnV@nn" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > Happened some time Wednesday night. Driver glass shattered, stuff from
> > the pod was pulled out and lying in the seat, including registration
> > card and garage door opener. However, as far as I can tell nothing was
> > taken from the car. There were 2 pairs of sunglasses, CDs, a plastic
> > cup full of quarters, a pretty nice stereo, flashlight, etc.
> >
> > They also took the opportunity to open the garage door, as it was open
> > when we got up Thurs. morning. But again, it doesn't appear anything
> > was stolen.
> >
> > If anyone has advice for replacing the door glass, I could use it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >

> Any auto glass shop can install a new door glass in your 93 mustang for you.
> Unless you have the giant rivets and rivet gun required, I would stay away
> from the do it yourself method...

I wound up getting the glass replaced today for $140 parts & labor. I
suppose that was money well spent. Especially since there's rain in
the forecast.

John

Old January 20th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nospam

That happened to me in the 90's while I was fixing a machine for a customer
in Peoria, IL.
Allstate had the glass replaced onsite in about an hour and a half with no
cost to me.
Not even deductable because they said it was no fault of my own.
Might wanna check with your insurance company.

ps.com...

Old January 20th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnV@nn

nospam wrote:
> That happened to me in the 90's while I was fixing a machine for a customer
> in Peoria, IL.
> Allstate had the glass replaced onsite in about an hour and a half with no
> cost to me.
> Not even deductable because they said it was no fault of my own.
> Might wanna check with your insurance company.

Ah, the hazards of carrying liability only. :-) It's hard to justify
carrying comp & collision on a car with a KBB wholesale value under
$800. In other words the tires represent more than half the value of
the car.

John

Old January 21st 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"JohnV@nn" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> My Name Is Nobody wrote:
>> "JohnV@nn" > wrote in message
>> ps.com...
>> > Happened some time Wednesday night. Driver glass shattered, stuff from
>> > the pod was pulled out and lying in the seat, including registration
>> > card and garage door opener. However, as far as I can tell nothing was
>> > taken from the car. There were 2 pairs of sunglasses, CDs, a plastic
>> > cup full of quarters, a pretty nice stereo, flashlight, etc.
>> >
>> > They also took the opportunity to open the garage door, as it was open
>> > when we got up Thurs. morning. But again, it doesn't appear anything
>> > was stolen.
>> >
>> > If anyone has advice for replacing the door glass, I could use it.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > John
>> >

>> Any auto glass shop can install a new door glass in your 93 mustang for
>> you.
>> Unless you have the giant rivets and rivet gun required, I would stay
>> away
>> from the do it yourself method...

> I wound up getting the glass replaced today for $140 parts & labor. I
> suppose that was money well spent. Especially since there's rain in
> the forecast.
>
> John

Good for you, yes it was money well spent...