Is the GT the ideal car?

Old December 23rd 09, 11:48 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Is the GT the ideal car?

GT wrote:
> "Halmyre" > wrote in message
>> In article >, catman@rustcuore-
>> sportivo.co.uk says...
>>> It must be damned close. So far it's been high speed motorways, then
>>> today, I loaded a Christmas Tree into the damned thing!
>>>
>>> *Fantastic*!
>>>

>> Pah. I can get a 7 foot Nordman fir into my 156!

> You guys really go all out for Christmas - we just put a tree up in the
> house!

LOL

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 23rd 09, 11:49 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> Halmyre wrote:
>>> In article >, catman@rustcuore-
>>> sportivo.co.uk says...

>>> Pah. I can get a 7 foot Nordman fir into my 156!
>>>

>> How the hell did you manage that?

> We have gone plastic this year, but I have done that for the last 3 years -
> slide passenger seat to mid way position and completely recline the seat.
> Cover everything in sheets. Open rear passenger door and insert the wrapped
> tree in, base first as far into footwell as possible. Bend the pointy end in
> to the rear parcel shelf. Close door. Drive home normally, enjoying the
> smell of a new fresh Christmas tree. Reverse procedure. Don't attempt unless
> tree has that plastic mesh stuff round!

So *that's* where I've been going wrong!

Old December 23rd 09, 05:07 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:

>>> How the hell did you manage that?

>> We have gone plastic this year, but I have done that for the last 3
>> years - slide passenger seat to mid way position and completely recline
>> the seat. Cover everything in sheets. Open rear passenger door and insert
>> the wrapped tree in, base first as far into footwell as possible. Bend
>> the pointy end in to the rear parcel shelf. Close door. Drive home
>> normally, enjoying the smell of a new fresh Christmas tree. Reverse
>> procedure. Don't attempt unless tree has that plastic mesh stuff round!

> So *that's* where I've been going wrong!

The flat seat or the drive home normally?!!

Old December 23rd 09, 05:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:

>>> We have gone plastic this year, but I have done that for the last 3
>>> years - slide passenger seat to mid way position and completely recline
>>> the seat. Cover everything in sheets. Open rear passenger door and insert
>>> the wrapped tree in, base first as far into footwell as possible. Bend
>>> the pointy end in to the rear parcel shelf. Close door. Drive home
>>> normally, enjoying the smell of a new fresh Christmas tree. Reverse
>>> procedure. Don't attempt unless tree has that plastic mesh stuff round!

>> So *that's* where I've been going wrong!

> The flat seat or the drive home normally?!!

The plastic mesh

Old December 24th 09, 10:20 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:

>>> So *that's* where I've been going wrong!

>> The flat seat or the drive home normally?!!

> The plastic mesh

Ah a subtle but important step in the process, I feel!

Ideal winter garage NetMax Mazda 4 August 15th 09 06:25 PM
"Mazda's CX-9 ideal for up to 7" Mike Mazda 0 August 6th 07 03:20 AM
OPOC and Elsbett - ideal internal combustion engine? A Technology 0 April 21st 07 02:45 PM
How to produce ideal combustion NItro-tuning Technology 6 June 4th 06 02:42 PM