Toward a manifesto on unmarked cars

Old February 14th 05, 12:25 PM
Charles Packer

Default Toward a manifesto on unmarked cars

In an incident a couple of years ago where I didn't stop for an
unmarked car, both the officer, and later, my so-called defense
attorney said that I had no valid reason to doubt that it was police
car. After all, they said, it was broad daylight on a well-traveled
road (the Dulles Toll Road in Virginia at 10 AM). And never mind
that I had been going 70, the average speed on that road (people
slow down to 65, 10 over the limit, only when a visible radar trap
is in place).

ITEM: On Feb. 11, in the afternoon, on the Washington Beltway,
a police impersonator in an unmarked car stopped and robbed
a motorist. See the third item in

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Feb12.html

In today's world, authentication works both ways. If your
grandmother has to show a photo ID to board an airliner, you,
a mostly law-abiding but sometimes daydreaming driver, have a
right to see widely-accepted tokens of authentication before you
stop your car for anybody. A car marked with no more than pretty
blue flashing lights in the dashboard is not acceptable.

I have no problem with unmarked cars doing surveillance, but
sensible police departments will ban their use in actual
traffic stops.

--
(Charles Packer)
http://cpacker.org/whatnews
Old February 14th 05, 01:28 PM
Skip

On 14 Feb 2005 04:25:38 -0800, (Charles Packer)
wrote:

>In an incident a couple of years ago where I didn't stop for an
>unmarked car, both the officer, and later, my so-called defense
>attorney said that I had no valid reason to doubt that it was police
>car. After all, they said, it was broad daylight on a well-traveled
>road (the Dulles Toll Road in Virginia at 10 AM). And never mind
>that I had been going 70, the average speed on that road (people
>slow down to 65, 10 over the limit, only when a visible radar trap
>is in place).
>
>ITEM: On Feb. 11, in the afternoon, on the Washington Beltway,
>a police impersonator in an unmarked car stopped and robbed
>a motorist. See the third item in

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Feb12.html

>In today's world, authentication works both ways. If your
>grandmother has to show a photo ID to board an airliner, you,
>a mostly law-abiding but sometimes daydreaming driver, have a
>right to see widely-accepted tokens of authentication before you
>stop your car for anybody. A car marked with no more than pretty
>blue flashing lights in the dashboard is not acceptable.
>
>I have no problem with unmarked cars doing surveillance, but
>sensible police departments will ban their use in actual
>traffic stops.

If you aren't sure if it's a unmarked police car or not, drive to the
nearest police station. If it's a phony it will be gone by the time
you get there.

On the other hand, if it's the "principle of the thing", don't stop
and suffer the consequences if you are wrong.

Old February 15th 05, 02:40 AM
SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim

or better yet, just shoot the ****ing pig, after all, why aren't pigs doing
their GODDAMN JOBS and getting the crime rate to zero instead of harrassing
taxpayers.

the only good raffic cop is a DEAD traffic cop.

Old February 15th 05, 02:41 AM
SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim

you have to remember, traffic pigs have to "prove their manhood" by stopping
you because they have nothing else to offer.
most of them have a 2 inch penis, and a brain the size of a walnut, with no
common sense whatsoever.

om...

http://cpacker.org/whatnews

Old February 15th 05, 11:27 AM
Charles Packer

In article >, Skip says...
>If you aren't sure if it's a unmarked police car or not, drive to the
>nearest police station. If it's a phony it will be gone by the time
>you get there.

If you're seriously offering this as a primary solution...what if I haven't the
slightest idea where the nearest police station is? What's your secondary
solution?

--
(Charles Packer)
http://cpacker.org/whatnews

Old February 15th 05, 01:03 PM
Paul

"SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim" > wrote in message
news

> or better yet, just shoot the ****ing
> pig, after all, why aren't pigs doing
> their GODDAMN JOBS and getting
> the crime rate to zero instead of harrassing
> taxpayers.

Because to do so would cost the government $$$ in having to try and
incarcerate the real criminals out there. Far, far more profitable (aqnd
easy) for them to harass taxpayers with civil violations like speeding
and such. Excuse my sounding a little like judy, but if we were to start
making speeders do jail time instead of paying a fine, I'm willing to
gamble that you would see the amount of speed enforcement go way down as
these thieving little juristictions start losing money to
house/feed/provide medical care to all the new inmates...

Old February 15th 05, 04:45 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Skip wrote:
> On 14 Feb 2005 04:25:38 -0800, (Charles Packer)
> wrote:
> >
> >ITEM: On Feb. 11, in the afternoon, on the Washington Beltway,
> >a police impersonator in an unmarked car stopped and robbed
> >a motorist. See the third item in

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Feb12.html

> >In today's world, authentication works both ways. If your
> >grandmother has to show a photo ID to board an airliner, you,
> >a mostly law-abiding but sometimes daydreaming driver, have a
> >right to see widely-accepted tokens of authentication before you
> >stop your car for anybody. A car marked with no more than pretty
> >blue flashing lights in the dashboard is not acceptable.
> >
> >I have no problem with unmarked cars doing surveillance, but
> >sensible police departments will ban their use in actual
> >traffic stops.

Shut up, you criminal coddler. Speeders are murderers and i want them
caught and locked up like the deadly psychopaths they are.

Old February 15th 05, 09:52 PM

Since you're an idiot, what does it matter what you want?

Old February 16th 05, 03:20 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

> Since you're an idiot, what does it matter what you want?

If I'm an idiot and you respond to every post i make, then what does
that make you?