Targa top repair

Old September 4th 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
joevett

Default Targa top repair

I did a dumb thing and cracked my Targa top right on the back left corner.
A piece about 2" x 1" broke off and now I need to repair it . Any ideas out
there on what type of glue would be best?
The piece broke off as i tilted it too far upward while it was in the rear
, top holder. Duh!
Thanks in advance--this has been a great forum for info,questions etc...
in the past.
Joe 1986 Corvette

Old September 6th 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"joevett" > wrote in message
> I did a dumb thing and cracked my Targa top right on the back left
> corner. A piece about 2" x 1" broke off and now I need to repair it
> . Any ideas out there on what type of glue would be best?
> The piece broke off as i tilted it too far upward while it was in
> the rear , top holder. Duh!
> Thanks in advance--this has been a great forum for info,questions
> etc... in the past.
> Joe 1986 Corvette

A 2-part methacrylate adhesive will be your best bet if you can find
it at a local marina or aircraft repair shop. The 1:1 mix is preferred
over the 10:1. $$$$$$$

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 7th 07, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
joevett

Thanks for the response. I'll let you know how it works out. I may use an
epoxy for it otherwise
joe
.. .

Old September 8th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jon[_6_]

joevett wrote:

> I did a dumb thing and cracked my Targa top right on the back left corner.
> A piece about 2" x 1" broke off and now I need to repair it . Any ideas out
> there on what type of glue would be best?

You can find fiberglass repair kits at nearly any hardware or autoparts
store.
Old September 8th 07, 01:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
joevett

Sorry ,I should have been more specific. It's a glass top
Joe

Old September 8th 07, 02:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"joevett" > wrote in message
> Sorry ,I should have been more specific. It's a glass top
> Joe
>
> "Jon" > wrote in message
>> joevett wrote:
>>
>>> I did a dumb thing and cracked my Targa top right on the back
>>> left corner. A piece about 2" x 1" broke off and now I need to
>>> repair it . Any ideas out there on what type of glue would be
>>> best?

>> You can find fiberglass repair kits at nearly any hardware or
>> autoparts store.

The 2-part methacrylate adhesive is for fiberglass and it softens both
materials to allow them to nit together, it is not intended for the
glass/plastic top to my knowledge.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 8th 07, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
joevett

I used glass to glass epoxy. Looks nice and clean ,waterproof and
hopefully holds it without further problems. I'll have to keep a close eye
on it next time I clean the car to make sure no water seeps through. And
take the van next time I need room for two golf bags : ).
Joe

.. .

Old September 8th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/pro...sp?prod=252199

--
'Key