Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

Old March 2nd 08, 12:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Andrew B

Default Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.
--
Andrew

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0165.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	123616
Old March 2nd 08, 12:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Andrew B" > wrote in message
> Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.

This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.
--
Pat Durkin

Old March 2nd 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message

> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

Also called a Phaeton.
--
Pat Durkin

Old March 2nd 08, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Andrew B

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
> "Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
>
>> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

> Also called a Phaeton.
> --
> Pat Durkin

Thank you very much for that information Pat it helps I think to tie the
photo into my fathers time with the Royal Tank Corps in India between 1932
and 1938.
--
Andrew

Old March 2nd 08, 04:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI - Powered

Paddy's Pig added these comments in the current discussion du jour

>> Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.

> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

judging by the paint fill in the radiator shell, I'd peg this car
as a 1931.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Old March 2nd 08, 04:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

>> Also called a Phaeton.
>> --
>> Pat Durkin

> Thank you very much for that information Pat it helps I think to tie the
> photo into my fathers time with the Royal Tank Corps in India between 1932
> and 1938.

You're more than welcome Andrew. Incidentally, for clarity's sake the 1930
and 1931 Model A's have a similar appearance. A handy rule to follow if you
ever need to tell them apart is that the 1930 models have a vertical split
in the so-called fender apron. It's visible in your picture just ahead of
the little jockey box on the RH running board. If the car were a 1931 model
that fender apron is solid from front to back.

The earlier Model A's --- the '28 and '29 models, have other distinguishing
features that could easily be missed by a casual viewer but stand out very
plainly to knowledgeable eyes. Mike G is our resident scholar on model
differentiation and he may be able to provide some illustrations.

Welcome to the group. Make yourself at home.
--
Pat Durkin

Old March 2nd 08, 08:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G.

I've got one I put together......
Plus a Word document.......
Mike

--
Do not value the things you have in your life,
but value who you have in your life!

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message ...
> "Andrew B" > wrote in message
> om...
>
> >> Also called a Phaeton.
> >> --
> >> Pat Durkin

> > Thank you very much for that information Pat it helps I think to tie the
> > photo into my fathers time with the Royal Tank Corps in India between 1932
> > and 1938.

> You're more than welcome Andrew. Incidentally, for clarity's sake the 1930
> and 1931 Model A's have a similar appearance. A handy rule to follow if you
> ever need to tell them apart is that the 1930 models have a vertical split
> in the so-called fender apron. It's visible in your picture just ahead of
> the little jockey box on the RH running board. If the car were a 1931 model
> that fender apron is solid from front to back.
>
> The earlier Model A's --- the '28 and '29 models, have other distinguishing
> features that could easily be missed by a casual viewer but stand out very
> plainly to knowledgeable eyes. Mike G is our resident scholar on model
> differentiation and he may be able to provide some illustrations.
>
> Welcome to the group. Make yourself at home.
> --
> Pat Durkin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 Fords 1931 Fords.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	123641
Old March 2nd 08, 12:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Andrew B

"HEMI - Powered" > wrote in message
> Paddy's Pig added these comments in the current discussion du jour
>
>>> Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.

>> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

> judging by the paint fill in the radiator shell, I'd peg this car
> as a 1931.
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry
>
> "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
> "Airplane!"

Thank you HP, putting it into the very early 1930's is close enough for me
to get it into the right period of my fathers life.
--
Andrew.

Old March 2nd 08, 12:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Andrew B

"Mike G." > wrote in message
m...
> I've got one I put together......
> Plus a Word document.......
> Mike
>
> --
> Do not value the things you have in your life,
> but value who you have in your life!

Thank you for the information Mike, I find it very interesting that there
were small changes made during the years of production just as there still
are today. Since posting the picture I have found another identical photo
that says on the back that it was taken in Peshawar, North
West Frontier Provence, India (now Pakistan).
--
Andrew

Old March 2nd 08, 04:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G.

top of radiator is not paint filled, that is a reflection so it's a 30
paint filled section is indented on the 31's

--

"Andrew B" > wrote in message ...

> "HEMI - Powered" > wrote in message
> > Paddy's Pig added these comments in the current discussion du jour

> >> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

> > judging by the paint fill in the radiator shell, I'd peg this car
> > as a 1931.
> >
> > --
> > HP, aka Jerry
> >
> > "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
> > "Airplane!"

> Thank you HP, putting it into the very early 1930's is close enough for me
> to get it into the right period of my fathers life.
> --
> Andrew.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 Fords 1931 Fords.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	123780

Old Photo - Unknown Car 2 Andrew B Auto Photos 4 March 2nd 08 07:21 PM
Old Photo - Unknown Car Andrew B Auto Photos 2 March 2nd 08 12:35 PM
New Cars In Old Pictures: General: 191x photo - Unknown.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 1 December 31st 07 01:16 AM
New Cars In Old Pictures: General: 192x photo - Unknown.jpg.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 2 December 31st 07 01:10 AM
New Cars In Old Pictures: General: 194x photo - Unknown 1A.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 2 December 31st 07 12:32 AM