GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem

Old February 8th 16, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem

I own a 1991 chevy s10 2wd pick up. It has a 60 degree 2.8L v6 it drinking coolant but in not pushing out the overflow and it's not showing a milk oil mixture if you could help me into the right direction I'd appreciate it.

You can email me

Thanks

Brandon DeHart
Old February 8th 16, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>I own a 1991 chevy s10 2wd pick up. It has a 60 degree 2.8L v6 it drinking coolant but in not pushing out the overflow and it's not showing a milk oil mixture if you could help me into the right direction I'd appreciate it.

White smoke out the tailpipe?

If you pull the plugs, do they all look about the same or is one nice and
clean?

Water is going somewhere... either it is leaking on the ground or it's going
into the oil or it's going into the cylinders. You've ruled out one of the
three. Now you're looking either for a leak into the air or into the
cylinder.

A pressure-test will tell you for sure what is going on, but if you're seeing
one very clean sparkplug you won't have to go that far, even.
--scott
Old September 1st 17, 05:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

I have an 88 S-10 and I have replaced the Thermostat water pump and still water vkinv somewhere. Can anyone tell me where?
Old September 2nd 17, 09:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Sanity Clause[_2_]

> wrote

> I have an 88 S-10 and I have replaced the Thermostat water pump and still
> water vkinv somewhere. Can anyone tell me where?

Right there.
No, not *there*, over THERE!
Can't you see me pointing?

Old September 5th 17, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ben91932

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 9:03:25 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> I have an 88 S-10 and I have replaced the Thermostat water pump and still water vkinv somewhere. Can anyone tell me where?

Those things are famous for intake manifold gaskets that leak all the water into the crankcase. Check your oil dipstick and make sure it isn't over full and doesn't look like a milk shake
HTH
Ben
Old June 24th 18, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

I have a 1988 2.8L Chevy S10 Blazer with a high idle problem. Its has 234,000 miles on it. Its all tuned up replaced IAC. It was up to 1050 RPM but have gotten down to 800. Can anyone show me a picture of where exactly I drill to get to the idle screw to adjust it. And after I adjust it I imagine I have to reset the TPS. Would I also need to reset the timing?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem [email protected] Technology 5 February 11th 15 03:21 AM
V6 engine problem Catman Alfa Romeo 12 November 30th 07 06:11 AM
MX5 engine problem grm Mazda 3 September 8th 06 04:13 AM
engine problem george taylor VW air cooled 5 September 5th 05 03:58 PM
6 cy engine problem MikeG Jeep 10 May 21st 05 02:46 AM