Coolant vapour

Old October 14th 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

Default Coolant vapour

Guys, I'm getting coolant vapour from the defroster on my 93GT.

System is good, all new hoses, no leaks, pressure tested 100%, but light
smell of antifreeze. Please don't say heater core. Please...

Brad

Old October 14th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

BradandBrooks wrote:
> Guys, I'm getting coolant vapour from the defroster on my 93GT.
>
> System is good, all new hoses, no leaks, pressure tested 100%, but light
> smell of antifreeze. Please don't say heater core. Please...
>
> Brad

OK, I won't say it. But......

--
..boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Old October 14th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[SS]

..boB wrote:
> BradandBrooks wrote:
>> Guys, I'm getting coolant vapour from the defroster on my 93GT.
>>
>> System is good, all new hoses, no leaks, pressure tested 100%, but
>> light smell of antifreeze. Please don't say heater core. Please...
>>
>> Brad
>>

> OK, I won't say it. But......

If inexperienced and one plans to do it ones seff, how
long should one plan? Three? Four? Five days?

--

"Trespassing on private computer networks through
intentional misrepresentation is an activity that

"And now Dib I leave you to your.... Moosey fate!" -
Invader Zim
Old October 15th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. Humley

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> .boB wrote:
>> BradandBrooks wrote:
>>> Guys, I'm getting coolant vapour from the defroster on my 93GT.
>>>
>>> System is good, all new hoses, no leaks, pressure tested 100%, but light
>>> smell of antifreeze. Please don't say heater core. Please...
>>>
>>> Brad
>>>

>> OK, I won't say it. But......
>>

> If inexperienced and one plans to do it ones seff, how long should one
> plan? Three? Four? Five days?
>
> --

an afternoon, if you know what yer doing.

I looked into doing mine 93 5.0 got some books on the car, and found out
you have to take the dash off, remove the black plastic case, cut it open
and heat glue it back together, so I took it to the dealership. The case
looked like a real bitch to take apart and put back together.

You can bypass the heater core at the firewall and check again, but it would
take a while to clear out what is left in the heater core.
Or check for green fuild inside or outside below the heatercore.
You dont want to breath in much of that stuff, 1/2 hour tops.
(everybody has to replace heater core!)