2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

Old May 2nd 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

"Larry" > wrote:
>I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg around town
> with a little highway.
> Larry

I get 20/28 with my '03 GT auto. The funny thing is...if I'm cruising down the
freeway in overdrive I get better gas mileage at 80mph than I do at 60mph.

(*>

Old May 2nd 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Hawk" > wrote:

> "Larry" > wrote:
>>I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg
>>around town
>> with a little highway.
>> Larry

> I get 20/28 with my '03 GT auto. The funny thing is...if I'm cruising
> down the freeway in overdrive I get better gas mileage at 80mph than I
> do at 60mph.

Hope it's enough diff to help pay the ticket!!

Sounds like you need more gearing..!

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old May 2nd 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote:

> "Hawk" > wrote:
>>
>> "Larry" > wrote:
>>>I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg
>>>around town
>>> with a little highway.
>>> Larry

>> I get 20/28 with my '03 GT auto. The funny thing is...if I'm cruising
>> down the freeway in overdrive I get better gas mileage at 80mph than I
>> do at 60mph.

> Hope it's enough diff to help pay the ticket!!
>

> Sounds like you need more gearing..!

Yeah...the engine is practically lugging @ 60 when it's in OD. When the speed
limit is 75, I'm not taking much of a chance of getting any tickets. =D

(*>

Old May 2nd 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Larry" > wrote in message
:I get 25 mpg (US gallons) on the highway in my 06 GT 5spd, 20mpg around
town
: with a little highway.
: Larry

Well *I* get between 14-16 but I'm pushing 4:10s on each end and can climb
mountains and rocks and swim through mud.
;¬D
Kate
06 Rubicon

Old May 2nd 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Joe" > wrote
: >
: > My Rubicon is a 6 banger and only gets 14-16 mpg. Much less than my 98
: > Cobra got.
:
: That's about what my 360 Dak gets, but at least it's got a 3.92 rear.
:
: > Kate
: >
: >:
: >: Thanks
: >:
: >:
: >: Bill (A young at heart old fart)
: >
: > Kate
: > (Loves old farts - has one of her own)
:
: BTW, I'm an old fart too.
:
: Joe
: Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
: Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Yup yup yup... love em I do... lub lub em till you lub all their fur off.

Old May 3rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:31:14 -0500, "Kate"
(please ask)> wrote:

>"Joe" > wrote
>: >

>Yup yup yup... love em I do... lub lub em till you lub all their fur off.

YIKES !!!! If you lub em till the fur's all gone, you gotta be
careful with the tint LOL Hmmmmm watch out for sunshine, Sunshine
!!!
Old May 3rd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"J. Michael Gilker" > wrote in message
> When I got my GT convert in '03, Ford was including the tonneau for free
> and recommended it be used for long distance travel with the top down.
> After that car got totaled by a Jeep Liberty, I ordered an exact same
> configuration in an '04 at which time I was told that Ford wanted $$$
> for it as an optional accessory. Funny how a shrinking profit margin
> turns "free and recommended" items into costly "optional accessories"!
> Needless to say, I kept mine from the '03, but have never used it. I'm
> much happier with the windscreen that I bought.

Mike, where did you get the windscreen and how does it mount? Can the top be
raised with it in place?

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old May 3rd 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

The windstop is a FORD accessory (2R3Z*76539A18*AA). When I got mine 2
years ago it listed for ~$277. I did find generic windstops online for
less but with my Mustang Club discount, it brought the price down to be
cheaper than the generics. Installation was simple, just unscrew 4
screws connecting the rear seat to the fabric cover, insert 2 brackets,
and then screw in the screws. The front connectors slide in under the
front seat belt housings and are tied down with an adjustable strap.
With the brackets installed it takes less than 1 minute to
install/remove the windstop (the top has to be down for that).

Yes, the top can be raised and lowered with the windstop in place with
plenty of clearance. Additionally, the windstop is hinged so that it can
be lowered to allow a clear view through the rear window without having
to look through the mesh.

Old May 6th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

> wrote in message
: On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:31:14 -0500, "Kate"
: (please ask)> wrote:
:
: >
: >"Joe" > wrote
: >: >
:
: >Yup yup yup... love em I do... lub lub em till you lub all their fur off.
: >
: >
: YIKES !!!! If you lub em till the fur's all gone, you gotta be
: careful with the tint LOL Hmmmmm watch out for sunshine, Sunshine
: !!!

;¬D

K.

Old May 7th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

at 01 May 2006, karinhall ] wrote in
:

> 31 mpg (Imperial gallons) is 24.8 mpg U.S. gallons

Mine has 1200 miles on it and I am lucky to get 20MPG. But then again, I
don't cruise at 70MPh which may have a lot to do with it. I'm sure I can
get better number if I do a similar run, but my commute is only like 8
miles highway (at 85/80 MPH) and 3 miles top&go traffic.

--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)