compression test

Old March 17th 10, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Default compression test

> Thanks for the words of encouragement.
> I intend to keep the car as long as I possibly can although it got
> really close to getting junked a couple of months ago.
> One of the timing chain guides has shattered leaving the chain
> rattling and car losing power. My wife was super happy as she wants me
> to get rid of the car and buy something "decent".... well, I stuck to
> my guns, ordered a new kit and replaced the chain, guides, sprockets,
> etc...
> Now the car runs like new and my wife ain't very happy about that! LOL
>
> BTW... guys at work are having a tough time believing that the car
> being as old as it is (18+ years) still runs on the original clutch
> and the exhaust system (well, the muffler was replaced a few times,
> but everything else is original)
>

> Alex

The Stainless Steel exhaust systems popular now (because of the acids in
catalytic converter exhaust eating out steel pipes) go on just about
forever. I used to have a Chrysler product that had 208K miles on the
original pipes. As with you, muffler only had been replaced three times.
Pipes were still good when we junked the rest of the car.

compression test variance [email protected] Technology 3 June 7th 07 05:59 PM
compression test newbie VW air cooled 3 April 7th 05 06:18 AM
Compression Test griffin Jeep 2 April 7th 05 05:09 AM
Compression test question Kevin S Jeep 3 December 23rd 04 12:46 AM
Compression Test Dave Skirrow Technology 22 December 13th 04 06:37 PM