2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions

Old November 13th 04, 05:08 PM
LIW

Default 2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions

I've been watching a 2002 Audi S8 sit on the dealer's lot since February of
this year. When I first test drove it, they wanted $59,000. They've
dropped the price a bit, but are still asking $54,000. It has about 25,000
miles on it, and has the Silver exterior and black Alcantra leather
interior. Nice car with 19 inch wheels and chrome after market look.

I think this car, if it hasn't rotted by sitting for almost a year, should
sell for about $44,000 if what I'm seeing on the internet is correct.

I was looking at a new A6 in the $50,000 range. I was hoping to get a 6
cylinder under $44,000 but that doesn't look possible, and the 4.2 as they
are coming in are over $55,000.

I'm thinking that a 2002 S8 might be a better car than a new 2005 A6, and
more fun, but I've never owned an Audi.

Would you trust a 2002 Audi S8 mechanically, electronically?

Would you buy one over a 2005 six cylinder new A 6 for roughly the same
price?

What do you think a good price on a 2002 S8 with 25,000 miles that's been
sitting on the lot for 9 months should be worth?

I've driven both, and they are both wonderful car. The 360 hp S8 seems to
be a more breath taking experience, but the new A6, even in the six cylinder
is a wonderful car.

Thanks very much.

Old November 13th 04, 07:16 PM
Peter Bell

In message <Ubrld.3549$d96.2858@trnddc01>
"LIW" > wrote:

> I think this car, if it hasn't rotted by sitting for almost a year

Various components may rot, but at least the aluminium body should be
okay!

The S8 is a very capable car, and should be fine over in the US of A.
One of the problems in the UK is finding suitably sized parking spaces -
even my RS6 protrudes beyond the marked spaces in most public car parks.

Old November 14th 04, 05:38 PM
Fortjefferson

The 4.2 V8 is a peach. Iv'e just bought an S4 2004 (344bhp) 6 speed man. The
engine is a tight fit in the A4 shell but I'm glad they got it in.
John

audi facts may be of interest news.blueyonder.co.uk Audi 0 October 28th 04 01:35 PM
audi cd for pc news.blueyonder.co.uk Audi 1 October 7th 04 09:51 PM
Will '96 Audi A6 A/C condensor fit in a '93 Audi 90-S? Ardo Audi 2 July 29th 04 02:17 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM
Classic Audi Neil S Audi 1 June 14th 04 03:25 PM