2001 Saturn L300 Fuel Pump Removal

Old March 18th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe's Newsgroup

Default 2001 Saturn L300 Fuel Pump Removal

I need to replace the fuel pump, I removed the back seat but there is no access.

Any tips on removing the tank, and or any fuel pump tips would be appreciated.

Old March 19th 10, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Are you sure that the fuel pump is gone? have you verified the electrical
connections? iirc there is a dangle connector for fuel pump, vacuum sensor
and fuel gauge on forward side toward driver's side. Fuel lines are all on
the passenger side.

Luckily, I didn't have to drop the tank (that is the only way to access the
pump and gauges. I had a vent solenoid issue and was searching all over for
it. That turned out to be along side the fuel fill neck. Biggest killer of
fuel pumps is a plugged fuel filter causing excessive back pressure and pump
current. Second killer is letting the tank run dry. Pump motor is cooled by
fuel passing through it...

The Saturn factory service manual is not the best organized but IS the best
$135 you will ever spend.
www.helminc.com