Best wheel & pedals

Old October 3rd 05, 06:43 PM
JML

Default Best wheel & pedals

Tired of changing these low quality poor feedback wheelsets. I`m going for a
best one available, so anyone, please tell me what to buy and why? Already
had Momo Racing Wheel, Thrustmaster Force Racing Wheel and before those many
other older ones. Suggestions please, is BRD as good as somebody commented?

Old October 3rd 05, 08:55 PM
Jeff Reid

> Tired of changing these low quality poor feedback wheelsets. I`m going for a
> best one available, so anyone, please tell me what to buy and why? Already had Momo Racing Wheel, Thrustmaster Force
> Racing Wheel and before those many other older ones. Suggestions please, is BRD as good as somebody commented?

Does BRD offer force feedback now?

Old October 4th 05, 02:58 AM
Steve Simpson

> Does BRD offer force feedback now?

I think I read about a BRD FF wheel coming very soon in Autosimsport -
about 2 grand from memory.
Old October 4th 05, 05:09 AM
Chad Rogers

http://ecci6000.com/consumerhome.htm

When only the best will do.

Chad Rogers

news

Old October 4th 05, 01:34 PM
Spede

http://www.thomas-superwheel.com/

Hi gang, been reading here awhile but this is my first post. I've heard
BRD and ECCI are both good equipment but TSW has to be considered also,
durability and customer service are second to none. I have what was the
top model about 8 years ago and haven't spent a dime on it since day
one. If your really hung up on FF then TEI can't help you but after
owning a TSW for this long, I wouldn't go back to FF unless I could
afford some radical $15,000 simulator that can do it properly. I have
an "Old Red" LWFF wheel that I upgraded with full bearings and it
works well but I'm much more consistant with the Thomas. Considering
TSW's have a "Lifetime" warranty ...it's a good place to put your $$$

Old October 4th 05, 02:58 PM

In article >, (JML)
wrote:

> From: "JML" >
> Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:43:10 GMT
>
> Tired of changing these low quality poor feedback wheelsets. I`m
> going for a best one available, so anyone, please tell me what to buy
> and why? Already had Momo Racing Wheel, Thrustmaster Force Racing
> Wheel and before those many other older ones. Suggestions please, is
> BRD as good as somebody commented?

I agree with two other posters in this thread, that the Thomas Super
Wheels and the ECCI wheels (and pedals) along with BRD are probably the
best three makers in the World at present.

And whilst technically, all three do not have the usual force feedback
method of say Microsoft, Logitech or Momo type wheels, they all employ
their own methods of giving good driver feedback.

Links to the three makers websites are he

http://www.thomas-superwheel.com/

http://ecci6000.com/consumerhome.htm

http://www.interactiveracing.com/

I reviewed all three makers in my wbpage about a year ago (see link
below) its a tad out of date as I haven't had time to update it lately,
but its still relevant today.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergagg/27gamhw2.htm

I'm biased towards BRD cos I have two of them, and their cockpits are
great quality and value too (and I also have one of those), but I can
see that ECCI and TSW are great quality, and in a similar price bracket
too.

Until someone brings out a good quality, reliable, and accurate force
feedback system, BRD, TSW and ECCI are the best there is at the
moment...

8-)

*Peter* - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergagg/
Old October 4th 05, 03:02 PM
Larry

The email I received from BRD states their FF wheel will be available in
November.

It will most likely be extremely expensive though.

You are right. I've been lost since my MSFFW died. I've got a black momo
now and I just cannot get the hang of this thing. I look like a total
amatuer out there on the track.

-Larry

Old October 4th 05, 03:10 PM
Larry

For those used to Force Feedback, how is the 'de-sensittation to this ?

Old October 4th 05, 04:23 PM
JML

If I understood correctly you mean how does it feel to have a non-ff wheel
like Ecci etc? I would also like know this. I know that some manufacturers
use benji-cord and other "flexible" materials to have the authentic "linear"
feeling (but naturally wont bump into fingers though..), but as I do not
have experience, really like to hear more...

Btw, are you guys willing to pay like 500+ dollars for a good quality
wheel/pedal set. I personally believe that this is quite a lot of money and
only a very small margin of simracers are so enthusiastic that they put so
much money to it. I will certainly do that, but this is something I really
like and love, apart from the real racing a have chance to do occasionally.

"Larry" > kirjoitti viestissä:13w0f.175$Rk5.40@lakeread06...