'06 Civic - Stupid Digital Speedometer

Old September 22nd 05, 03:06 PM
Jerzy

How about this - cop ahead, slow down

Old September 22nd 05, 03:10 PM
Jerzy

This looks promising.

Old September 22nd 05, 03:24 PM
'Curly Q. Links'

Casey wrote:

> Bucky said
> > Sparky Spartacus wrote:
> > > Cool, than we could download special ring tones from the 'Net!

> > We'd probably start getting pop up ads too! =)

> And nasty computer viruses too!
>
> Just think how much havoc that could cause - false fuel level, wrong
> speed, fake oil and water indications, and all kinds of random error
> messages.
>
> Casey

-----------------------

Soon you'd only be able to buy your gas at the Microsoft Gas station. .
.. .

'Curly'
Old September 22nd 05, 04:08 PM
High Tech Misfit

'Curly Q. Links' wrote:

> Soon you'd only be able to buy your gas at the Microsoft Gas station. .

As if Slick Willy Gates doesn't have enough money already! Gas prices would
reach astronomical levels that would make our current prices seem like
bargains.
Old September 23rd 05, 07:02 AM
SoCalMike

Bucky wrote:
> Jerzy wrote:
>> I think that the coolest idea would be to have the whole control panel
>> replaced with an LCD where all controls would be displayed.

> That would be cool. The driver can customize which gauges they want to
> see, where to place them, and how about this... real warning messages
> instead of cryptic check engine codes.

i think airbus and/or maybe boeing offer a full LCD flight screen with
all the gauges on it.
Old September 23rd 05, 07:03 AM
SoCalMike

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article >,
> "Pars" > wrote:
>
>> Check out Toyota's Endo concept.

> man, I do NOT want a car called the "Endo".

what if it had REALLY good front brakes?
Old September 23rd 05, 07:05 AM
SoCalMike

Bucky wrote:
> Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>> Cool, than we could download special ring tones from the 'Net!

> We'd probably start getting pop up ads too! =)

and the "blue screen of death"!

and say you want to shut the radio off, and it wont... it says "radio
not responding"

simply hit the ctrl/alt/delete on the steering wheel, bring up the radio
controls, and hit "end process"
Old September 23rd 05, 07:38 AM
Sparky Spartacus

Pars wrote:

> "Bucky" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Jerzy wrote:
>>
>>>I think that the coolest idea would be to have the whole control panel
>>>replaced with an LCD where all controls would be displayed.

> Considering the drastic reduction in price for LCD monitors. I'm sure that
> technology isn't too far off.
>
> Check out Toyota's Endo concept.
> http://motortrend.com/autoshows/cove...endo_g08_z.jpg

The cockpit looks designed for gibbons or some other creature with
extremely long arms. Seats seem awfully far back.
Old September 23rd 05, 07:38 AM
Sparky Spartacus

Bucky wrote:

> Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>
>>Cool, than we could download special ring tones from the 'Net!

> We'd probably start getting pop up ads too! =)

I'll take them over a BSOD any day!
Old September 23rd 05, 07:39 AM
Sparky Spartacus

Casey wrote:

> Bucky said
>
>>Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>>
>>>Cool, than we could download special ring tones from the 'Net!

>>We'd probably start getting pop up ads too! =)

> And nasty computer viruses too!
>
> Just think how much havoc that could cause - false fuel level, wrong
> speed, fake oil and water indications, and all kinds of random error
> messages.

Windows(R) AE (auto edition)

<barf>