lift recommendations

Old September 10th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

Default lift recommendations

I just haven't been able to make up my mind about a lift. I plan to
put 32 X 10.5 TSL radial super swamper tires on my hardtop '95 YJ and
have been kicking around the idea of going with 2.5( OME or RE), 3.5
(Black Diamond), 4 (RE) or 4.5 (RE) inches of suspension lift
(re-gearing and rear D44 are already in place). I want to avoid body
lifts and shackle lifts. What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Neale

Old September 11th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

Spring-Over.

Carl

ups.com...

Old September 11th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jamie Mello

Get the 4 inch lift RE that is what one of my friends is running. But
he has 33 inch tires with his lift on his 91 YJ.

99 wrangler 31 inch good year mtr tires warn M8000 winch 2.5 lift
skyjacker shocks a lot of lights (winch,hood,bumper, wind shield) Even
more toys to come

Some people have an addiction to drink...
Some people have an addiction to drugs....
I just have an addiction to Jeeps and their accessories....

Here are a few pictures of my rig I will update soon as I get new
batteries for my cam

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc222/99_wrangler

Old September 11th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Sep 10, 10:59 am, nrs > wrote:
> I just haven't been able to make up my mind about a lift. I plan to
> put 32 X 10.5 TSL radial super swamper tires on my hardtop '95 YJ and
> have been kicking around the idea of going with 2.5( OME or RE), 3.5
> (Black Diamond), 4 (RE) or 4.5 (RE) inches of suspension lift
> (re-gearing and rear D44 are already in place). I want to avoid body
> lifts and shackle lifts. What would you recommend?
>
> Thanks,
> Neale

Thanks, I keep getting good reports on that RE 4 inch.

Old September 11th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RiverRunner66 via CarKB.com

that would look pretty dorky with 32 on it. oh wait, I forgot, I did see
your jeep before

Old September 12th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RiverRunner66 via CarKB.com

as such is due. I got the 4.5' RE extreme (Spring Under for Carl) and it is
great. not one complaint about it. and, if you use the drop down kit for
the tranny that comes with it, you can still drive it without doing the SYE
kit. But, it is highly recomended to do the SYE, but you can at least get by
until you do it. a little $$$ at a time. its very supple springs, etc....
rides great and very articulate. There are a few websites out there where it
describes the step by step. I put bilstien shocks on mine, and love em. I'd
stay away from the rancho's unless you need to rattle some fillings loose.
cheap dental work that way.

Old September 12th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Sep 11, 6:00 pm, "RiverRunner66 via CarKB.com" <u36930@uwe> wrote:
> as such is due. I got the 4.5' RE extreme (Spring Under for Carl) and it is
> great. not one complaint about it. and, if you use the drop down kit for
> the tranny that comes with it, you can still drive it without doing the SYE
> kit. But, it is highly recomended to do the SYE, but you can at least get by
> until you do it. a little $$$ at a time. its very supple springs, etc.....
> rides great and very articulate. There are a few websites out there where it
> describes the step by step. I put bilstien shocks on mine, and love em. I'd
> stay away from the rancho's unless you need to rattle some fillings loose.
> cheap dental work that way.
>
> nrs wrote:
> >> I just haven't been able to make up my mind about a lift. I plan to
> >> put 32 X 10.5 TSL radial super swamper tires on my hardtop '95 YJ and

> >[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
> >> Thanks,
> >> Neale

> >Thanks, I keep getting good reports on that RE 4 inch.

The 4.5" Extreme Duty is quite a bit more expensive than the 4"
Standard. It seems to be much better though. Maybe IŽll go that way
and put off the SYE for a while, spread the cost over a longer time.

Old September 12th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

I had 33's and it looked great.

"RiverRunner66 via CarKB.com" <u36930@uwe> wrote in message
> that would look pretty dorky with 32 on it. oh wait, I forgot, I did see
> your jeep before
>
> Carl S wrote:
>>Spring-Over.
>>
>>Carl
>>
>>> I just haven't been able to make up my mind about a lift. I plan to
>>> put 32 X 10.5 TSL radial super swamper tires on my hardtop '95 YJ and

>>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>> Thanks,
>>> Neale

Old September 12th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Carl S wrote:
> I had 33's and it looked great.

Try one of these.
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/4466/tiresb.jpg
A bit smaller
http://www.goodyearotr.com/catalog/GP-4D_A.html

--
DougW

YJ Lift Recommendations / Advice Chris Hill Jeep 5 April 28th 07 06:06 PM
FINALLY getting my lift, now what lift to get is the question. Brett Little Jeep 5 May 29th 05 02:50 PM
Oil recommendations Joe Ford Mustang 3 May 7th 05 03:04 AM
Body Lift vs. Suspension Lift vs. Spring Over River Horse Jeep 4 March 3rd 05 01:55 AM
body lift vs. suspension lift Hoc Phan 4x4 6 May 17th 04 04:22 PM