GT-R

Old April 29th 08, 12:23 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

Default GT-R

Rainy day, nothing to do, so I went to look at some cars. Visited my
Audi dealer (nice S8 for $105K), Lexus to see the IS-F (pretty
impressive looking/performing machine). Then I visited my local
Nissan dealership.

I asked about the GT-R and said I was interested. The salesman said
that he had some good news - of their allocation of three, he had one
for sale. I could take delivery in late September and could select my
desired colors/trim. My heart skipped *several* beats before he told
me the bad news - the price carried a $30K charge over the MRP. IOW,
a $70K car for $100K. <gulp>

They'd give me $45k for my RS6 (if I traded it with the BBS LMs). As
rare as the RS6 was when I bought it in 03, I did not pay a premium on
the sticker price. In fact, I got it for less than the sticker.

At 70, I don't think there is a GT-R in my future. Too bad..........

Dave

Old April 29th 08, 01:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Scott Streeter[_2_]

Dave LaCourse > writes:

> Rainy day, nothing to do, so I went to look at some cars. Visited my
> Audi dealer (nice S8 for $105K), Lexus to see the IS-F (pretty
> impressive looking/performing machine). Then I visited my local
> Nissan dealership.
>
> I asked about the GT-R and said I was interested. The salesman said
> that he had some good news - of their allocation of three, he had one
> for sale. I could take delivery in late September and could select my
> desired colors/trim. My heart skipped *several* beats before he told
> me the bad news - the price carried a $30K charge over the MRP. IOW,
> a $70K car for $100K. <gulp>
>
> They'd give me $45k for my RS6 (if I traded it with the BBS LMs). As
> rare as the RS6 was when I bought it in 03, I did not pay a premium on
> the sticker price. In fact, I got it for less than the sticker.
>
> At 70, I don't think there is a GT-R in my future. Too bad..........
>
> Dave

I had read of price gouging at double the sticker so I guess 30k over
isn't bad :P

Unfortunate these dealers are being so greedy but someone must pay
these crazy fees or they would never sell anything.

Old April 29th 08, 05:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On 29 Apr 2008 08:31:03 -0400, Scott Streeter > wrote:

>Unfortunate these dealers are being so greedy but someone must pay
>these crazy fees or they would never sell anything.

I don't think it is so much about greed as it is about tooling up to
service the cars. I know that only certain dealerships are getting
the R8 and the GT-R. Those dealerships have agreed to send techs to
schools for the car and also to add facilities at their dealerships to
service the cars. Those are expenses that must be paid by someone,
and it ain't gonna be the dealer! d;o( I was told that next year's
inventory would be more cars and less premium. We'll see.

Dave
RS6

Old April 29th 08, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Scott Streeter[_2_]

Dave LaCourse > writes:

> On 29 Apr 2008 08:31:03 -0400, Scott Streeter > wrote:
>
> >Unfortunate these dealers are being so greedy but someone must pay
> >these crazy fees or they would never sell anything.

> I don't think it is so much about greed as it is about tooling up to
> service the cars. I know that only certain dealerships are getting
> the R8 and the GT-R. Those dealerships have agreed to send techs to
> schools for the car and also to add facilities at their dealerships to
> service the cars. Those are expenses that must be paid by someone,
> and it ain't gonna be the dealer! d;o( I was told that next year's
> inventory would be more cars and less premium. We'll see.
>
> Dave
> RS6

Still doesn't make much sense to me. You'd think Audi and Nissan would
be aware of these factors and make allowances for it in the MSRP. Oh
well. These cars will probably be out of my range forever anyways and
I'll just have to survive with my A4

Old April 29th 08, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On 29 Apr 2008 13:54:39 -0400, Scott Streeter > wrote:

>I'll just have to survive with my A4

Certainly nothing wrong with that. d;o)

Dave