Horn

Old January 7th 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Sami D.

Default Horn

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. My horn isn't working and I
think its either the horn relay or the horn contacts in the steering
wheel. I need to know where to find the horn relay and how to take
apart the steering wheel in order to access the contacts.

txs.

Old December 29th 07, 05:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
alanbazzaz

I have a similar problem. The horn doesn't work when I lock the car with
the remote. That led me to the conclusion that it's not the contact on
the steering wheel, but either the relay or the horn itself.

I would also like to know where the horn is located.

Alan

--
alanbazzaz
alanbazzaz's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=2426

Old December 29th 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_2_]

alanbazzaz wrote:
> I have a similar problem. The horn doesn't work when I lock the car with
> the remote. That led me to the conclusion that it's not the contact on
> the steering wheel, but either the relay or the horn itself.
>
> I would also like to know where the horn is located.

rear left fender behind the interior trim.

Old December 29th 07, 10:06 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:51:09 -0500, alanbazzaz
> wrote:
>
>I have a similar problem. The horn doesn't work when I lock the car with
>the remote. That led me to the conclusion that it's not the contact on
>the steering wheel, but either the relay or the horn itself.
>
>I would also like to know where the horn is located.

There's a horn for honking and a different horn for the alarm system. One is
under the bonnet and is not connected to the alarm; the other is behind the
driver's side rear wheel and is not connected to the steering wheel...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old December 30th 07, 11:18 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
alanbazzaz[_2_]

Both horns are not working... what does that tell you?

I've looked under the bonnet and could not locate it. Can you direct me
to the location and how to get to it?

Thanks a million

Old December 31st 07, 01:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

Should be in front of the front right tire possible hidden by the lower
engine shield if an A4 or most other Audis.
Accessed from below!
These are the main 2 horns that only work with the ign on and good fuse and
relay. ;-)

Horn for the alarm location was already described as being in the trunk area
on the left side on the A4. Mine sounds really weak/lame! I wonder if I
could replace it with an alarm siren. 8^o
--
later,
dave

Old August 12th 09, 02:46 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
peterkaas

Dear members, is anyone have a blue prints of 2001 audi S4 horn
location?
my horn was stolen and I cant find the place to put a new one!
tu very much.peter

--
peterkaas
peterkaas's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=11325

Old August 12th 09, 12:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

How do you know it was stolen if you don't know where it "was"?
I would think your HORNS are behind your front bumper on the right side.

I would suspect the Horn Relay first though!
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

news

Old August 12th 09, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper[_3_]

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:46:42 -0400, peterkaas
> wrote:

>Dear members, is anyone have a blue prints of 2001 audi S4 horn
>location?
>my horn was stolen and I cant find the place to put a new one!
>tu very much.peter

Your car actually has two horns - High and Low Tone Horns - located under the
two headlights. Considering what a Royal Pain In The Rump it is to extract
those, it's hard to believe you lost them both to theft...

Truck horn vs. car horn meirman Chrysler 17 August 18th 05 11:27 PM
Horn Replacement Tom T Jeep 0 February 27th 05 03:13 AM
security system does not chirp after horn replacement ymg200 Saturn 4 February 20th 05 01:37 AM
Horn malfunction private Saturn 7 February 16th 05 05:12 PM
Horn Wiring Hell - Escaped Spike VW air cooled 0 November 14th 04 06:37 PM