C5 FOB batt life?

Old October 2nd 10, 11:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
pete

Default C5 FOB batt life?

Used to get about a year out of batts. Now down to 9mos. Both FOBs die
within a week of each other.

Normal/usual?

Or, is this symptomatic of impending car issue?
Old October 3rd 10, 04:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I[_2_]

Seems a bit short. Still have the original batteries in our 2003 fobs.
Took delivery Aug 2002, so 10 years old.

Old October 3rd 10, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bob I" > wrote in message
> Seems a bit short. Still have the original batteries in our 2003
> fobs. Took delivery Aug 2002, so 10 years old.
>
> On 10/2/2010 17:00, pete wrote:
>> Used to get about a year out of batts. Now down to 9mos. Both
>> FOBs die
>> within a week of each other.
>>
>> Normal/usual?
>>
>> Or, is this symptomatic of impending car issue?

What do you call normal? What year is your C5, there was an issue that
was changed nearly as soon as it was identified. What is your use
pattern? Do you use them daily of only on rare occasions? Where do you
store them when not in use? How far from the car do you keep the fobs
when not in use? Do you replace the batteries with a quality battery
or a battery of lesser quality? What leads you to think the FOB has an
affect on your car's future dependability or functionality?

My '05 is still on it's first set of batteries from 10/04 used year
round but not daily. I will say that the first thing I did was to cut
out the memory function if that could have anything to do with battery
life.

Old October 4th 10, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

In article >, pete >
wrote:

> Used to get about a year out of batts. Now down to 9mos. Both FOBs die
> within a week of each other.
>
> Normal/usual?
>
> Or, is this symptomatic of impending car issue?

My 2001 C5 just turned 10 years old and I only changed the
battery in the key fob one time. I wore the letters off but
and it just keeps on working. It even survived a ride in
the washing machine. The next time you change your battery
clean the terminal with alcohol.
Old October 22nd 10, 12:58 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Default C5 FOB batt life -- followup

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:00:32 -0700, pete wrote:

> Used to get about a year out of batts. Now down to 9mos. Both FOBs die
> within a week of each other.

2002 with old style fobs. Batts & fobs were OK. Local locksmith found
corroded connector in module wiring. $ 85. Works fine now.

Old October 26th 10, 09:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
kickstart

On Oct 21, 7:58*pm, pj > wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:00:32 -0700, pete wrote:
> > Used to get about a year out of batts. *Now down to 9mos. *Both FOBs die
> > within a week of each other.

> 2002 with old style fobs. *Batts & fobs were OK. *Local locksmith found
> corroded connector in module wiring. $ 85. *Works fine now.

there's batteries in my 01 fob ????

Batt drain problem ukdodger via CarKB.com VW water cooled 13 August 1st 14 02:17 AM
batt power, dash assembly, where to get info njem Honda 6 January 22nd 09 01:37 PM
batt light wolfy69 Technology 3 December 10th 07 04:24 PM
89 Accord Batt Light (Please Help!) madman1991 Honda 7 January 23rd 07 06:47 AM
Mazda Tribute Batt Warn Lt FlaReb Mazda 0 November 6th 05 06:09 PM