How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern cars?

Old May 27th 09, 05:57 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

Default How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern cars?

On Wed, 27 May 2009 10:18:14 -0500, "TonyKiz" > wrote:

>I agree with you. I have a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line and I'd have a hard time
>buying a newer A6 - The old style just looks so much better. Audi should
>have used evolution rather than evolution in the grill design. I admit that
>there is some evolution occuring in the grill each year -- it is looking
>better, looking wider rather than excessively tall like a locomotive front,
>but I still like both the entire Audi line pre-cow catcher grill.
> wrote in message
>On May 23, 2:28 am, "John Smith" > wrote:
>> How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern
>> cars?
>>
>> I'd like to buy a new Audi again but I cannot stand the ugliest ever front
>> appearance
>> of that car. Any idea WHY Audi changed the grill at the front?
>>
>> http://blogs.motortrend.com/6202776/...kes-early-appe...

>I agree. I have a 2003 A4 and would like to get another at some point,
>but that grille is really ugly.

otoh...I rolled along with a red S5 this week and I have to say it was
gorgeous from all angles. I was *almost* jealous, until it dropped off to make
a fuel stop. That V8 does give one pause as the fuel prices continue to
climb...
Old May 27th 09, 09:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
vgorous[_2_]

^ +1

--
vgorous
vgorous's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=4322

Old May 29th 09, 05:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
VistaSir

> wrote in message
> On May 23, 2:28 am, "John Smith" > wrote:
>> How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern
>> cars?
>>
>> I'd like to buy a new Audi again but I cannot stand the ugliest ever
>> front
>> appearance
>> of that car. Any idea WHY Audi changed the grill at the front?
>>
>> http://blogs.motortrend.com/6202776/...kes-early-appe...

> I agree. I have a 2003 A4 and would like to get another at some point,
> but that grille is really ugly.

Audi's architecture and style is quite nice, but front grill is odd
and in my view is not technically justified even. It looks heavier
than the composition of the style requires.
Definitely I prefer the old front style to the new one.

"AUDI" do you read this?

Old July 26th 09, 01:08 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
CP Miller

John Smith wrote:
> How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern
> cars?
>
> I'd like to buy a new Audi again but I cannot stand the ugliest ever
> front appearance
> of that car. Any idea WHY Audi changed the grill at the front?
>
> http://blogs.motortrend.com/6202776/...nce/index.html

Have you ever thought that the reason AUDI is selling cars when
others aren't, is because most AUDI buyers do like the front.

Buy something else.
Old July 26th 09, 11:07 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
John Smith[_17_]

"CP Miller" > wrote in message
> John Smith wrote:
>> How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern
>> cars?
>>
>> I'd like to buy a new Audi again but I cannot stand the ugliest ever
>> front appearance
>> of that car. Any idea WHY Audi changed the grill at the front?
>>
>> http://blogs.motortrend.com/6202776/...nce/index.html

> Have you ever thought that the reason AUDI is selling cars when others
> aren't, is because most AUDI buyers do like the front.
>
> Buy something else.

The point was - that Audi being such a good car
in technical terms, has ugly design of the front.

Old July 26th 09, 01:53 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Thompson

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, John Smith wrote:

> The point was - that Audi being such a good car
> in technical terms, has ugly design of the front.

Personally I think it is the nicest front end they have ever had.

-s
Old August 16th 09, 12:21 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
CP Miller

John Smith wrote:
> "CP Miller" > wrote in message
>> John Smith wrote:
>>> How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the
>>> modern cars?
>>>
>>> I'd like to buy a new Audi again but I cannot stand the ugliest ever
>>> front appearance
>>> of that car. Any idea WHY Audi changed the grill at the front?
>>>
>>> http://blogs.motortrend.com/6202776/...nce/index.html
>>>

>> Have you ever thought that the reason AUDI is selling cars when
>> others aren't, is because most AUDI buyers do like the front.
>>
>> Buy something else.

> The point was - that Audi being such a good car
> in technical terms, has ugly design of the front.

No it doesn't.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Old August 16th 09, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
CP Miller

Steve Thompson wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, John Smith wrote:
>
>> The point was - that Audi being such a good car
>> in technical terms, has ugly design of the front.

> Personally I think it is the nicest front end they have ever had.
>
> -s

As do I.

Old August 16th 09, 01:17 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Thompson

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, CP Miller wrote:

> Steve Thompson wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, John Smith wrote:
>>
>>> The point was - that Audi being such a good car
>>> in technical terms, has ugly design of the front.

>> Personally I think it is the nicest front end they have ever had.

> As do I.

I liked the new car so much in fact that I just took delivery of a 2010 A4
(upstate NY). I still have a 2002 A4.

Steve
Old August 16th 09, 02:56 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
OH9EH4

k1e1v1i1n;111517 Wrote:
> acura's front clip is the uglyest . i guess unless u like transformers
> alot .

I totally agree. It looks like they slapped a stainless steel frying
pan on the front. Audi's have an elegance about them. I notice everybody
looks at a BMW when it drives by thinking "Man, that guy must be rich".
Then an AUDI drives by and they think "Man, that's a nice car."

Point is, it's not about a status symbol with Audi. It is the quaint
Bruce Banner until you step on the pedal and make it angry.. out comes
roaring the Hulk.

(IMO)

--
OH9EH4
OH9EH4's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=11356

Modern cars have become death traps [email protected] Driving 29 May 14th 06 03:54 AM
inadequacy of modern cars Zoot Katz Driving 0 November 9th 05 07:47 AM
The 10 Ugliest Cars LeMod Pol Driving 15 October 13th 05 03:26 PM
"Modern Cars" today get no better gas milage than a 1958 Plymouth did! True Blue Chrysler 5 September 25th 05 10:48 AM
inadequacy of modern cars Dale Driving 1 February 19th 05 05:55 PM