Paint chips in door jam area??

Old August 8th 04, 05:44 AM
Ralph

Default Paint chips in door jam area??

I have a 96 lt4 in real nice condition. I try to keep it polished and
clean and in the garage.

While waxing it today, I noticed what looked like paint chips or rough
paint.
Looking at the driver side, open the door and look at the bottom of
the frame towards the back. ( not the door but on the car). I got all
upset and thought maybe some body work was done that I did not know
about. I checked out the other side and it had pretty much the same
thing.

Dont get me wrong it was about an inch of this rough paint/chip area.
On a black car, you definitely see the spots. \
Does anyone else have this and how best to protect the area?

Thanks.
Old August 8th 04, 08:17 PM
Steve G

Is it possible the seat belt buckle has been closed in the door? Any
corresponding rub on the door?

"Ralph" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a 96 lt4 in real nice condition. I try to keep it polished and
> clean and in the garage.
>
> While waxing it today, I noticed what looked like paint chips or rough
> paint.
> Looking at the driver side, open the door and look at the bottom of
> the frame towards the back. ( not the door but on the car). I got all
> upset and thought maybe some body work was done that I did not know
> about. I checked out the other side and it had pretty much the same
> thing.
>
> Dont get me wrong it was about an inch of this rough paint/chip area.
> On a black car, you definitely see the spots. \
> Does anyone else have this and how best to protect the area?
>
> Thanks.

Getting rid of scratches on paint christian9997 BMW 8 November 23rd 04 02:17 AM
a3 1998 paint defects fiorello Audi 1 July 16th 04 01:41 AM
1998 A3 blistering paint on roofchannels roof big up 2 u Audi 3 June 11th 04 09:11 PM
Paint Damage on 156 Torey Alfa Romeo 0 May 6th 04 01:32 AM