"Audi remains unobtrusive"

Old November 4th 06, 09:16 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike

Default "Audi remains unobtrusive"

Audi remains unobtrusive
Performance S6 sedan model is nearly invisible.
at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...4149-5147r.htm

Old August 3rd 11, 12:10 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2006-11-04 15:16:25 -0500, "Mike" > said:

> Audi remains unobtrusive
> Performance S6 sedan model is nearly invisible.
> at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...4149-5147r.htm

What the hell is a "club oriented senior citizen"?

Dave (74 and driving an RS6 and A8L)

Old August 31st 11, 07:55 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

On Aug 3, 2:10*am, D. LaCourse > wrote:
> On 2006-11-04 15:16:25 -0500, "Mike" > said:
>
> > Audi remains unobtrusive
> > Performance S6 sedan model is nearly invisible.
> > athttp://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend/20061102-124149-5147r.htm

> What the hell is a "club oriented senior citizen"?

Apparently S6 lacks a hitch to tow a horse trailer to an equastrian
club.
I'm not sure if A8L is better in that regard cause in
case of a tipover the space agey frame might get some
unwanted twisting.

I assume the land roverless option is for the folk who do not
need to tow their horses anywhere and could instead host
a riding event themselves.

Personally, I'm a rental kind of guy

> Dave (74 and driving an RS6 and A8L)

"The others have stuck mainly to rear-wheel drive"

Stuck? Mainly? Who needs a frond wheel drive luxury car exactly
aside from the misguided souls buying souped up toyodas LS460?
for all I care fwd audi is slow rotting vw for snowbelt.

It's such a relief to see a five year old link still working
and the page clearly marked with the year and month of the
publication.
Old August 31st 11, 05:35 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2011-08-31 02:55:16 -0400, AD > said:

> On Aug 3, 2:10*am, D. LaCourse > wrote:
>> On 2006-11-04 15:16:25 -0500, "Mike" > said:
>>
>>> Audi remains unobtrusive
>>> Performance S6 sedan model is nearly invisible.
>>> athttp://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend/20061102-124149-5147r.htm

>> What the hell is a "club oriented senior citizen"?
>>

> Apparently S6 lacks a hitch to tow a horse trailer to an equastrian
> club.
> I'm not sure if A8L is better in that regard cause in
> case of a tipover the space agey frame might get some
> unwanted twisting.
>
> I assume the land roverless option is for the folk who do not
> need to tow their horses anywhere and could instead host
> a riding event themselves.
>
> Personally, I'm a rental kind of guy
>
>> Dave (74 and driving an RS6 and A8L)

> "The others have stuck mainly to rear-wheel drive"
>
> Stuck? Mainly? Who needs a frond wheel drive luxury car exactly
> aside from the misguided souls buying souped up toyodas LS460?
> for all I care fwd audi is slow rotting vw for snowbelt.
>
> It's such a relief to see a five year old link still working
> and the page clearly marked with the year and month of the
> publication.

And yet, here you are.......

Old September 2nd 11, 10:07 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

On Aug 31, 7:35*pm, D. LaCourse > wrote:
> On 2011-08-31 02:55:16 -0400, AD > said:

> >> What the hell is a "club oriented senior citizen"?

> > Apparently S6 lacks a hitch to tow a horse trailer to an equastrian
> > club.
> > I'm not sure if A8L is better in that regard cause in
> > case of a tipover the space agey frame might get some
> > unwanted twisting.

> > I assume the land roverless option is for the folk who do not
> > need to tow their horses anywhere and could instead host
> > a riding event themselves.

> > Personally, I'm a rental kind of guy

> >> Dave (74 and driving an RS6 and A8L)

> > "The others have stuck mainly to rear-wheel drive"

> > Stuck? Mainly? Who needs a frond wheel drive luxury car exactly
> > aside from the misguided souls buying souped up toyodas LS460?
> > for all I care fwd audi is slow rotting vw for snowbelt.

> > It's such a relief to see a five year old link still working
> > and the page clearly marked with the year and month of the
> > publication.

> And yet, here you are.......

???? my A4 has a 50:50 front/back torque split under normal
circumstances
if there is understeer I don't ever notice it

In the B7/B8 the torque split is 40 front 60 back

i would have never ever bought a monowheel drive audi precisely
because
the in quattroless setup the driven wheels are on the wrong axle