Steel wheels needed for 2002 Dakota

Old December 25th 04, 05:12 PM
Ken Pisichko

Default Steel wheels needed for 2002 Dakota

Recently my son inherited an '02 Dakota with only 15K km from my late
uncle. Nice truck - my son especially likes the CD player ;-)

However, with 255/65R16 tires it is troublesome in winter snow. To deal
with this problem I will install winter only tires. My past experience
on the Canadian prairie with winter Michelin Alpin tires has been
excellent. they handle much better than all season (M+S) tires. One of
the tire stores recommended 225/75R15 tires to deal with the slippery
conditions and that particular aspect ratio and rim size to keep the
speedo and odometer as close to original spec as possible.

The rims are $65 each and they are probably generic 6 bolt pattern ones.
Thus I am on the look out for used rims from auto wreckers. They are not
easy to find for the Dakota bolt pattern.

Is this bolt pattern used on any other vehicle (15" rims) so I can
expand my search and get these winter tires installed. Waiting and
looking for Dakota 15" wheels is getting tiresome (no pun intended).

Ken
Winnipeg

Old December 26th 04, 12:09 AM
Ken Pisichko

filets, or ground chuck
Onions
peppers
celery
garlic
soy sauce
salt pepper, etc
Olive oil
breadcrumbs
Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften.
In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil,
then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely)
and season well.
Place in a large bowl and cool.
Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy,
enough to make the mixture pliable.
Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll.
Place seam down in a baking pan.
Ladle tomato gravy on top,
and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child,
so why not consume it?
Children or chicken breasts will work wonderfully also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts)
4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese
Flour
eggwash (milk and eggs)
seasoned bread crumbs
1 onion
minced
salt
pepper
butter
olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical
cords so they won?t be tough).
Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion
then fold in half, trimming neatly.
Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs;
allow to sit for a few minutes.
Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown,
about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb,
poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans
are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)
1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery
Onions
bell peppers
Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight.
Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and
fruit such as pineapples or cherries

Old December 30th 04, 02:39 PM
Ken Pisichko

I finally found a set of 4 in rural Manitoba. $35 each. The tires are so-so
and will be scrapped because they are not "winter" tires, just the M+S ones
with maybe 10K of thread left on them - good enough for a farm trailer
hauling bales and some firewood, but not for use on the road.

Old December 30th 04, 02:39 PM
Ken Pisichko

hubcaps for steel wheels hgl BMW 2 December 17th 04 09:11 PM
Steel Stock Wheels Alan Dodge 0 December 5th 04 08:10 PM
Stock Steel Wheels Alan Driving 0 December 5th 04 07:58 PM
FS: Individual Stock Steel Wheels Alan 4x4 0 June 28th 04 02:46 AM