Punishing GM for killing electric car

Old July 14th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bret Ludwig

Default Punishing GM for killing electric car

Wouldn't be that hard.

The State of California could concoct some law whose real effect would
be to punish GM for its perceived perfidy. When the Governator goes, it
will become politically feasible.

Old July 14th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_1_]

In article . com>,
pounded on his/her keyboard and came up with...

[drivel snipped]

Begone troll.
Old July 15th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bert Hyman

In ups.com "Bret Ludwig"
> wrote:

> Wouldn't be that hard.

But would be really stupid.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old July 15th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 15 Jul 2006 00:03:01 GMT, Bert Hyman > wrote:

>In ups.com "Bret Ludwig"
> wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't be that hard.

>But would be really stupid.

I do not blame GM because they were responding to "political" pressure
when they did it. The oil companies still do not want to see this
happen and they run the government more or less. This is why they (Big
Oil) see hydrogen cars because they can make, transport and sell that
too. (today most hydrogen fuel comes from oil processing because there
is not other easy way to do it.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old July 15th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bret Ludwig

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In ups.com "Bret Ludwig"
> > wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't be that hard.

> But would be really stupid.

No, it would be smart.

Old July 15th 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bret Ludwig

SnoMan wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2006 00:03:01 GMT, Bert Hyman > wrote:
>
> >In ups.com "Bret Ludwig"
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Wouldn't be that hard.

> >But would be really stupid.

> I do not blame GM because they were responding to "political" pressure
> when they did it. The oil companies still do not want to see this
> happen and they run the government more or less. This is why they (Big
> Oil) see hydrogen cars because they can make, transport and sell that
> too. (today most hydrogen fuel comes from oil processing because there
> is not other easy way to do it.

How are the oil companies going to punish GM? They should fear the
government, even the state government, a lot more than Big Oil.
California could easily figure out some way to **** with GM's profits
or marketing in California.

Old July 15th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 15 Jul 2006 03:46:24 -0700, "Bret Ludwig" >
wrote:

> How are the oil companies going to punish GM? They should fear the
>government, even the state government, a lot more than Big Oil.
>California could easily figure out some way to **** with GM's profits

It is not about them (Big Oil) punishing GM. It is about trying to
punish GM for something that was being influanced on them so it is not
really their fault.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old July 15th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bret Ludwig

SnoMan wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2006 03:46:24 -0700, "Bret Ludwig" >
> wrote:
>
> > How are the oil companies going to punish GM? They should fear the
> >government, even the state government, a lot more than Big Oil.
> >California could easily figure out some way to **** with GM's profits

> It is not about them (Big Oil) punishing GM. It is about trying to
> punish GM for something that was being influanced on them so it is not
> really their fault.

Nuremberg said differently.

Old July 15th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 15 Jul 2006 12:56:49 -0700, "Bret Ludwig" >
wrote:

> Nuremberg said differently.

Not a valid comparision and a poor answer. GM is no saint but they too
are subject to someone pulling their strings too. GM was the messanger
here not the real cause behind its death. John Q. Public and techology
in general was not ready for a electric car then and not really now
either because of its current limitations. They have some more way to
go before they are seriously viable. BTW, GM was playing with electric
S10 in the 90's. I know because I saw a few on them and did some
contract work on the machine the tested the motors for them. Same
problem though, limited range and cost/weight of batteries.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old July 15th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bret Ludwig

SnoMan wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2006 12:56:49 -0700, "Bret Ludwig" >
> wrote:
>
> > Nuremberg said differently.

> Not a valid comparision and a poor answer. GM is no saint but they too
> are subject to someone pulling their strings too. GM was the messanger
> here not the real cause behind its death. John Q. Public and techology
> in general was not ready for a electric car then and not really now
> either because of its current limitations. They have some more way to
> go before they are seriously viable. BTW, GM was playing with electric
> S10 in the 90's. I know because I saw a few on them and did some
> contract work on the machine the tested the motors for them. Same
> problem though, limited range and cost/weight of batteries.

In this case you had a product that already existed and a number of
people (like 500) that were offering cash for them.

Electric cars are not for everyone but there is no question some
people want and can benefit from them.

GM crushed all of its electric cars ~ Pulling the plug on a dream [email protected] Driving 0 July 2nd 06 12:51 AM
AWA [OFFER] electric air pump for air bed/mat,inflatables [email protected] General 0 February 14th 06 11:52 AM
Electric problem ? Oppie Saturn 0 November 15th 05 06:54 PM
Electric motor assisted super- or turbocharger? Max Kallio Technology 13 May 9th 05 09:09 PM
Hybrid car cost of ownership Tom Del Rosso Technology 47 March 10th 05 12:32 AM