99 Honda Accord EX DTC code P1456

Old March 22nd 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 99 Honda Accord EX DTC code P1456

I had Advance Auto give me this code P1456 from an OBDII unit. Under the
code it says Manufacturer Contrl. Auxiliary emission Controls. It does'nt
specify or pinpiont the problem.Please Help!
Old March 22nd 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Some (or all?) of the 99 Accords have had their emissions related warranty
extended to 100K miles by Honda due to an EGR problem.

Old March 22nd 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Chris1019" <u19941@uwe> wrote in news:5d9c7c26aa5d4@uwe:

> I had Advance Auto give me this code P1456 from an OBDII unit. Under
> the
> code it says Manufacturer Contrl. Auxiliary emission Controls. It
> does'nt specify or pinpiont the problem.Please Help!

P1456 is probably the gas cap. Try tightening it six clicks, then wait a
few days.

The official description:
P1456 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Control System Leakage
(Fuel Tank System)

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 22nd 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

M.Paul wrote:

> Some (or all?) of the 99 Accords have had their emissions related warranty
> extended to 100K miles by Honda due to an EGR problem.

I believe this applies to V6 models only.